The Sausage MLP Forums

The biggest, friendliest brony community on PunBB-Hosting!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Unfortunately, the forums are officially closed to new registrations. We have no idea if there are any plans to change this, as it's been inactive for well over a year anyhow.

Adverts

Adverts

• Index
  •  » Library
  •  » Paper ponies: Discord and the Star Rod

#1 November 18, 2012 4:55:44 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267

Paper ponies: Discord and the Star Rod

This is based off the popular game, Paper mario. I got the idea a few years ago, and only began to rewrite it from inspiration after seeing Countbleck or threeminecrafters write a fic about it. So thanks!

Chapter 1: Festival at Canterlot

This obviously WILL contain spoilers, so anyone saying YOU RUINED DA GME FR MEH, 2 things:
1.) This game has been out for 10 YEARS.
2.) If you haven't played it, that's on you.
Enjoy!

Up in the sky, there is something called Star Haven. It's where wishes are granted. The 7 star spirits rested up in Star Haven. Giving them power was the star rod, an item so powerful it could even bring Celestia to her knees. It's the thing that grants wishes from shooting stars. If the wrong person got their hands on it..... It's good noone could get to it, Except Discord--Wait, I didn't write that in the story!

"I did!" It was Discord!

"Discord! What are you doing here?" Eldstar, the oldest of the star spirits. "Let that go now!"

"Never, fools!" He shook the star rod, and all the star spirits lost most of their power. Then, he trapped them in cards. He sent them all across the land. He floated down to Ponyville...

Twilight had just finished sorting her books once again. Just then, the other 5 ponies ran into her house. Their faces brimming with excitement. ESPECIALLY Pinkie's.
"What's up, guys?" Twilight asked curiously.
"Didn't you hear, Twilight dear?" Rarity asked. "Candence, with Celestia's permission,  in celebration of it being 1 year since we became the elements of Harmony, has thrown a party in our honor! We need to go right now!" Twilight's face filled with excitement. "Right now?" She quickly ran off, Spike unexpected. "Wait...Twilight...COME BACK! Er, I mean SLOW DOWN!"

They ran and ran until they reached Canterlot. Guests cheering as they walked through, as the mane 6 felt so important.

Pinkie came across a room guard. The guard to Cadance's room. "Pinkie, I'm terribly sorry. But you can't come in here!"
"Please?"
"No."
"Please?"
"I said no!"
"COME ON!"
"NO!"
"Please...."
"Oh...Oh, alright! But just this once!" The guard admitted access. Pinkie looked around. There were pink curtains, and paintings of various fruit bowls. A fireplace rested in the middle of the room. "Cool." Then she trotted out.

After a bit of commotion, Cadance made her voice loud and clear. "ATTENTION, CITIZENS OF PONYVILLE! We have gathered here today to celebrate an important day--the year anniversary these ponies became the elements of Harmony."

They stepped up. "Come with me." Cadance said. She lead them up the stairs. They entered the top room of the Castle. But then...

The Castle began to rumble. "Did you guys feel somethin'?" AppleJack asked, as the castle rumbled again. "I did." Cadance said as it rumbled.

"Surprise!" Discord said as he crashed through the window. "DISCORD!" They all yelled. But Discord took pride in their surprise. "Yes, it's me. And now, I've come to take this castle over!" Twilight chuckled. "We beat you once." Discord laughed. "Yes, but this time I've got an ace in the hole!"

Rainbow Dash flew at full speed and smacked him in the face. "Oof!" He swiped his claw at Rainbow, who dodged, and kicked him in the face. He wiped some blood from his mouth.

He chuckled. "Oh, you still have some fight in you! But I've got the upper hand now!" He pulled out the star rod, and he became rainbow-colored.

"C'mon, ponies!" The six went to their positions. They powered up, and the beam shot, and it....

bounced off. "Huh?" They all said simultaneously. "HAHAAH! You fools!" He shot some fireballs, which hit all of them, causing them to be significantly weakened. Then, before they could do anything, he swiped them with his tail out the window, causing them to fall out.  Cadance tried to do something, but he blasted at her, rendering her magic useless.

Luna and Celestia busted in. "You won't get away with this!" Celestia cried. She tried shooting at him, but it bounced back at her, albeit much stronger. She and her were knocked out.

"I finally win! Now all I have to do is think of a plan..."

Meanwhile, the ponies were near death. They were all unconsicous. They were barreling towards the ground. And as they woke up...

SMASH. They hit the ground, and were knocked out again.

Well, guys, that's the end of this chapter. I was originally thinking of having them land in different places, but then I decided I wanted to write all of them for the whole fanfic.
Feedback, please!

Last edited by Nintendoandfriends (November 18, 2012 10:37:38 PM)

http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

November 18, 2012 4:55:44 PM

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 November 18, 2012 10:07:19 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Website

Re: Paper ponies: Discord and the Star Rod

Question: Why did the guard hesitate to let Pinkie Pie in, even though she was one of the guests that was supposed to attend the party?

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

#3 November 18, 2012 10:08:25 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Sausagefanclub wrote:

Question: Why did the guard hesitate to let Pinkie Pie in, even though she was one of the guests that was supposed to attend the party?

It's the princesses room he was guarding, not the castle.
I should make that more clear. Thank you for the alert.

#4 November 18, 2012 10:10:47 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

Nintendoandfriends wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

Oh, also Candence is actually spelled "Cadance". I'm a real word nerd, so I can't resist correcting spelling mistakes.
Actually I can make a very good proofreader. I know how to fix errors without changing events.

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

#5 November 18, 2012 10:13:01 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Sausagefanclub wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

Oh, also Candence is actually spelled "Cadance". I'm a real word nerd, so I can't resist correcting spelling mistakes.
Actually I can make a very good proofreader. I know how to fix errors without changing events.

I actually haven't seen a canterlot wedding yet. Thanks.
I'll fix it right now.

#6 December 11, 2012 9:34:09 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Chapter 2:  The Adventure begins!...I guess.

Discord sat on his newly-acquired throne, looking out into the sky. Having vanquished those ponies, sapping Celestia and Luna of their power, and trapping Cadence in her room, magically sealed, everything seemed easy.

A bit TOO easy.

He sat and pondered this, wondering what was missing. Then. he realized---The ponies probably weren’t dead! Normally, he would’ve been delighted to know that, but he had enough of them. Those toys were too dangerous. He had to think of something to do. Then he realized...

Instantly, he teleported himself into the Everfree forest. He chuckled, and slithered on the ground, to pretend to be a snake to blend in under pony's hooves. He wasn’t looking where he was going, however, and his head bumped into a wooden hut--Zecora’s hut. “Perfect.” He said under his breath, and let himself in.

Zecora was attempting to cure a patient. “Don’t you worry little foal, curing you will be my goal. I’ll fix you up today, that is true, or your name isn’t Scootaloo!” Zecora exclaimed, bathing here in the potion from the brewing pot she made. “Gee, thanks, Zecora!” Scootaloo said, feeling herself return to normal. She hopped out of the pot, didn’t look where she was going--that was happening a lot today-- and bumped right into...Discord.

He clasped a hand over her mouth, and lead her on her way. She whimpered in fear, but Discord shut the door before she could say anything. “Hello, Zecora.” He said, as the door shut behind him.

Zecora turned around, in shock. “Discord! I should’ve known! You lifted the castle fro-” He slapped her. “Shut up. Now, this won’t hurt a bit.” Zecora fumed with rage. “Cloudy skies and sun of orange, today I shall-”

“Yes, Yes.” He bopped her on the head, and she became hypnotized. “There.” He teleported her back to the castle.

“Now, I can’t stop the ponies on my own. I have to make sure the three Alicorns don’t break out. So, you go and stop the ponies in their tracks. Understand? Do what you have to. Maybe seperate them. They’ll be helpless without each other. Do that! Understand?” Zecora nodded. “Discord, sir, I will not fail, when they’re given pain, you’ll hear them wail!”

“Now, a parting gift.” Discord touched her head once again, and she became an alicorn-- Wings, horn, and all. Zecora flew off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twilight and the other 5 lay in a heap, defeated, on the ground. When one tried to get up, the other 5 tried to as well, and they all fell down. Eventually they gave up, and simply lay there, wondering if this was the end.

Zecora was flying overhead, through each little city, village, until she spotted them overhead, off the east of ponyville, in a small, unspecified village.

She used her newly-acquired horn, and picked up 5 of them. “6 little ponies, all in a heap. How Discord longs to hear you weep. I cannot transport you to Discord castle, so I’ll transport you where it’s not a hassle. You all shall be separated so Discord’s peace is not penetrated.”

Instantly, AppleJack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie were transported to random locations. Twilight lay there. Zecora thought she not need to do it to Twilight. They were all separated, so why waste magic?

She teleported away. The sparks from previously used magic caught the eye of a foal. She ran over, and saw the purple unicorn, in a heap. Her eyes bulged. “Oh. My goodness. MOM! DAD! BRO! COME ON! LOOK WHAT I FOUND!” The sound got farther and farther away, and Twilight finally, from pain and tiredness, finally passed out.

The ponies had put her in a bed. A small bed, in a small wooden house, but a bed nonetheless. A sparkle from nowhere appeared above her. You know those star spriits? Yeah.

The spriit of Eldstar, the unproclaimed “Leader” of the spirits, in a way, appeared over Twilight, but she was still sleeping. “Twilight Sparkle. I am Eldstar of the seven star spirits. Once you have fully recovered, please go to shooting star summit.” With that, he gave her the last of his power, and disappeared. Then Twilight woke up.

“Huh?” Twilight said, waking up. She looked around, and looked out the window. It was a perfectly normal day.  A bit cloudy, but nice.

“Did you enjoy your sleep?” Instantly Twilight recoiled at this. She didn’t think anyone was here. But when she turned around, a nut-brown foal was standing at her bedside. “Umm...Yeah.” Twilight quickly ran out of the room.

When she ran outside, she observed the area. It was a small village. Ponies were gathering wood. When she looked up, there was a purple aura around the village.

“You’re awake!” Twilight recoiled at yet another voice. It sounded very old, and when she turned around, the pony was very old. “Umm..hello. What’s with the barrier?”

“Oh, funny you should ask! We was just, minding our own business, when all of a sudden, a flying zebra came up, and set up this impassable barrier, all around our village, and now none of us can get out! If my father, grandfather of my children were here, he would take care of this no problem! Just here this morning.”

Twilight gasped. “Oh. I’m sorry.”

“What? No! He was working on the patio out back! Can’t find him now.” Twilight chuckled, as what she thought was a death turned out to be a literal case of a missing pony. “Well, I guess I could stick around and help you find him..” She said, wondering who the zebra was.

“What a nice unicorn! Now, let me show you. He was around here somewhere...” He went through his house, which smelled of...old pony. Twilight  held back some throw-up. “Now, lemme see. He was here, on the patio...”

“Sir, what patio?” Twilight asked, as they walked outside in the backyard. When she looked down, she realized they were standing on thin-air, and they both fell.

Twilight caught a few branches on her way down, but it still stung like the griffons when she landed. The old pony, on the other hand, seemed to deal with this everyday, as he leapt down gracefully from branch to branch. “That’s it! He’s probably somewhere around this fenced area!”

Twilight searched for the old pony. “Sir, what does this pony look like?” “Well, let’s see...he’s a unicorn, he’s getting very gray, and he snores very loud.” Just as he said that, Twilight heard a loud wheeze-snore hybrid, and upon checking behind the bush, sure enough, an old unicorn, with withering hair and skin so fragile it looked like you could peel it off, was lying down there. “There you are!” The father said as he turned to his older counterpart.

“Hey, son! Good to see ya, son!” The grandfather said. “What are you doing down here?” “I was just watching the kids, and dozed off. Speaking of which, shouldn’t we find a new play area? This one is getting a little...unsafe.” As if on cue, a tree fell. “Maybe you’re right..”

“What are you old geezers doin’ down here again? My territory!” Twilight turned to see a small, yellow dragon with green scales, even younger than Spike, though almost as big. He was so young he hadn’t even taken the eggshell off his butt. Twilight looked at him for a few seconds, then said the first thing that came to mind.

“Aww! That’s so cute! Hasn’t even hatched out of his shell yet!” Twilight ran over to him, and inspected him from the top, sides, and bottom. “Quit it! I’m hooktail Jr., son of the most feared dragon who ever lived!” Twilight giggled. “Oh, I’m sure you are, my little eggy weggy.”

“HEY! STOP IT! YOU WANNA GO?” Twilight poked him, and he fell over. He got back up, brushing off dust and leaves. “Ohh! Forget it. It’s not worth it. I’ll be back!” He ran off, muttering something about how purple unicorn stew would taste with a dash of pepper.
Twilight giggled. “Who’s that little guy?” “Oh, just a playground bully. Won’t give you no trouble. Now follow us back to the town.” The group of ponies traversed the back roads of the play area back to the the small village, and as they got up, Twilight was weezing with exhaustion as she climbed up...which only turned out to be one of many steps to climb.

The two stranger ponies seemed to be excellent at this, though, as they climbed up with expertise. “Little mare, our daughter told us she found you in a crater. How’d you get there?’ The father pony asked as he climbed up. “Oh...that.” She thought about it, then a shocked look came onto her face. “Discord!”

“Discord?” The elderly pony asked as they reached the final cliff. “Discord! God of chaos and elements of Disharmony! He got something called the Star Rod, never came upon it in my research.”

“Star rod? Sorry, ain’t heard of that.” Twilight pulled herself up, letting herself in the village back gate as she climbed through. She shook her head. She decided that the talking was enough for now. “So, how would you break this?” Twilight asked, looking at the mystical aura surrounding it.

The  withered unicorn shot out a blast of magic from his horn, with an orange aura. “Help me here, sweetie.” Then, without a word, Twilight shot out her blast of magic. In a few seconds, the aura disapparated and the unicorn collapsed. Twilight turned to him. “Are you okay?” He got back up, panting. “I’m...fine.” He stumbled inside.

Twilight looked around. A small foal came out. “Thanks for getting rid of the thingy surrounding our village! Are you gonna stay?” Twilight frowned. “Sorry, pal, but I gotta go.” Before she walked out, she asked, “Have you seen any other ponies by here?” “No ms. Unicorn, you were the only one lying in the ditch.:

Twilight bit her lip. Where were they? After a brief moment’s hesitation, she decided that it would be better to look for them somewhere else. She waved goodbye to the villagers and trotted off. “What a nice unicorn.” The super-elderly pony said as Twilight walked off.

“Well, I’m out of there.” Twilight inspected the area, glad to be setting out. It seemed to be a nice field, with a beaten down path. She trotted over to a sign that read “Ponyville-- 0.5 miles in the east direction..” She smiled and walked right along.

As she walked along, it was quite peaceful. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining. Normally that would be cliché, but who doesn’t love a sunny day? She sniffed a pink flower, and it perked up somehow. She wondered why she had never been in this particular place before, or why she had never heard of that family back there.

But her thoughts were interrupted as she heard some familiar voices. “Come on, Snips, do you realize how mad Trixie will be if we don’t find Twilight?” “I’m coming, Snails!” Twilight remembered those voices. They were Snips and Snails. What were they doing here?

“There she is!” Snips overlooked Twilight on a small, 5-foot cliff. Snails came in, panting behind him. “Twilight Sparkle. Lookie who we have here.” Twilight rolled her eyes. “Hello, you two.” “Not happy to see us, Twi? Don’t worry, you’ll be happy to see Trixie, once we knock ya out to take you to her!”

“Trixie? Last time I saw her, she was humiliated out of town.” Twilight said proudly. “Well, she’s back! And you’re gonna pay! You se-” Snails interrupted him. “Snips, we’re wasting our breath! Let’s just take her down!” Snips pondered this for a second. “Good idea!”

“BONZAI!” The two jumped off the cliff as Twilight looked above her as they fell towards her.

A/n: Folks, listen. This canonically was made before magic duel. Wanted to get that settled. Also, yes, I decided to make a nut family cause I felt like it, but couldn't think of any names. I'm kinda uncreative. PLEASE tell me of any grammatical errors.
Thanks to me replaying the paper mario series, gave me inspiration to continue this. :D See ya'll!

#7 December 13, 2012 12:35:11 PM

SplatKirby
Alicorn
Bits: 4
Bank: 2,427,347,901,995

Excellent work, chap. :{)

My browser history and I go way back. B)

#8 December 13, 2012 8:55:53 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Thanks. :D
I work really hard on this.

#9 December 14, 2012 2:23:37 AM

SplatKirby
Alicorn

It does look like it took a while.

#10 December 21, 2012 1:29:01 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Chapter 3: The Greater and More powerful Trixie!
“BONZAI!” The two colts yelled as they fell from above. Twilight, despite knowing they WERE colts, had the instinct to duck. As she ducked, the two of them slammed headfirst into the ground, flying right over her. Snails muttered something dizzily and charged headfirst into Twilight. Twi stepped to the left and before he knew it, Snails found himself mushed against a rock, saying something about Pecan Pie. Twilight laughed in amusement.
Snips took this opportunity to attack, and lunged at her, but she was laughing so hard that she fell right over and he missed her, landing on Snails in the process. “What’d you do THAT for?!” Snails yelled, the blow making him come to his senses. Snips didn’t have it so lucky. “Bozza? Bozza fozza? Fozza Bozza Wozza.” He said, his pupils circling in his eyeballs. “I see birdies…”

Snails slapped him, turning him back to normal. “I got an idea!” Snails whispered something to Snips, which was probably a good plan, as Snips kept nodding, making intrigued sounds and the looks on his faces were very impressed. Twilight watched, wondering what were these little foals were going to try this time.

Snips ran behind Twilight and Snails went in front of her. “Pardon me, but if you’re attempting to smash me, I recommend that you do it from the sides. You might have better success.” Twilight looked over at them to see if they took the bait, and sure enough they did. “Good idea! It’ll hit harder!” They talked amongst themselves for a few minutes before getting in the proper places, and they charged, certain they would hit their positioned target…

But they were fooled once again. Twilight simply stepped back, and they charged right into each other’s heads, their ears ringing, their heads pounding, and all other sorts of other places they had pain in stung like heck. They kept forgetting that she could just step out of the way of everything they did. Exhausted, pain everywhere, and hungry, they fell down, panting and gasping.

Twilight cocked her head to the side, a little confused. “Aww. Aren’t you guys gonna fight me some more? I know you have it in you. That was too short.” She gave a small chuckle. Snips and Snails were not amused. Snails propped himself up on Snips. “You’re…gonna get it now! Tr…Tr…Tr…” Snails gasped, unable to continue. Snips popped up from under Snails, causing him to fall over. “Trixie’s gonna get you! And when she does, she’s gonna do…stuff! You’ll see!” With that, they trudged back up the rather steep cliff---how they did was beyond Twilight---and they were out of sight in a few seconds, leaving nothing but some sweat and a whole bunch of broken pride.

Without hesitation, Twilight scrambled up the steep cliff, grabbing onto every possible incline she could. She wasn’t used to climbing, that was sure when she tried last time. How did Snips and Snails get up here by trudging? That was a mystery Twilight would never solve.

As dust clouds impaired Twilight’s vision, she nearly fell off. She gave a slight cough as she heaved herself up to the top. She looked back down. “That’s something I never want to do again.” She shuddered and wondered how some ponies climb mountains, around 20,000 feet no less! She trotted on, wondering what she would see next.

“You WHAT?” Her voice bellowed over them in rage as they cowered in fear. It was so loud that a bush nearby was uprooted from the ground, as if it wanted to run away from the screaming mare. “We’re sorry, Trixie. We’ll get her next time.” “IMBECILS!  Do you realize how close she probably is? If she gets here---AND SHE WILL---There won’t BE a next time!”

“Too bad for them.” Trixie turned to hear a voice she was very familiar and none too pleased with. “Hello, Twilight.” Trixie said angrily, through gritted teeth. Twilight smirked. “Hello, Trixie. What are you doing here? Was I too much for your little henchmen to handle?” Trixie scoffed in amusement. “Oh, Twilight. So naïve. So pitiful.”

Twilight looked thoroughly confused. “Huh?” Snips and snails jumped on this. “Y-yeah! Discord powered Trixie right up, and now she’s gonna get you good! You just wait!” Twilight gasped. Discord! That’s who she was knocked out of the castle by. She must have forgotten about it from the massive pain, she realized, with a horrified look on her face. Trixie laughed heartily. “Oh, what’s the matter, Twilight? Cat got your tongue?”

Twilight shook her head, snapping herself out of daydream land. “Big deal!” “Oh, but it IS a big deal, Twilight. The Great and Powerful Trixie is now The Greater and MORE Powerful Trixie! Snips, Snails, attack! The Greater and More powerful Trixie need to charge up for a second.”

Snips and Snails cowered for a second, and then charged once again. Twilight lightly punched a tree with a wasp hive on it, and the wasp hive fell on Snips. “MY EYES! MY BODY! MY EYES!” Snips flailed around in pain as the wasps stung every part of his face, leaving it looking horribly grotesque before they left him and went onto Snails. “OH MY GOODNESS GET THEM OFF ME!” Snails smashed his head into a tree over and over, hoping the wasps would leave him alone. It worked; after a long period of bashing, the wasps eventually left. Unfortunately, his head felt as heavy as a brick, and he fell down, knocked out, as Snips fell down once again with him.

“You can’t find good henchmen these days!” Trixie said annoyed. She glared at Twilight, who was still snickering at Snail’s unintelligible babbling while Snips attempted to pop his wasp stings that looked as if they bloated to the size of hot air balloons.

“Are you still listening and looking at TRIXIE?”  Trixie yelled at Twilight, catching her attention. “Oh, sure Trixie. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to have to get past you and find Ponyville.” Trixie smirked. How dare that unicorn think she could get past her? Eventually, Trixie was laughing so hard she was rolling on the ground, unable to breathe. Twilight looked as if somepony told her that she was pregnant. What was she laughing about?

“Trixie? Is there something wrong with you?” Trixie stopped laughing and wiped some grass she had accumulated from laughing and rolling around on the ground off her body. “What’s wrong with Trixie? There’s something wrong with you, if you think you can best Trixie.” “I’m…not trying to ‘best’ you. I just want to find Ponyville.” Twilight said, attempting to walk past Trixie, who pushed her back. “That’s Trixie’s job, you foal! To keep you from advancing any further to Ponyville.” “So…where is Ponyville?” “Oh, it’s just half a mile from here, can’t mi-”Trixie put her hoof over her mouth to shut herself up, but it was too late.

“Thank you.” Trixie exploded with rage. “NO! You can’t pass!” “Oh, Trixie, please. I don’t mean to cause you any harm. I just want to figure out what’s going on here. Trust me, Discord means you nothing but harm.” Twilight stated, sure Trixie would listen to reason. But Twilight apparently didn’t know Trixie all that well if she thought that would work.
“Discord, do Trixie harm? First off, why would Discord mean Trixie harm if he gave Trixie these wonderful, enhanced powers? We share a common goal—destroying you and all your pitiful friends. Second off, why would you think Trixie would listen to you? You’re Trixie’s mortal enemy! You humiliated Trixie in front of THOUSANDS of ponies!” Twilight chuckled. “Oh, Trixie, I’m sure it wasn’t tho-“

“SILENCE!” Trixie’s voice boomed irritably again, though this time there was a distinct lack of running bushes. There was nothing but the sound of her voice echoing through Twilight’s skull. “Trixie has had enough of your impudence, Twilight Sparkle. You think you can just run past Trixie to Ponyville. You think you can just attempt to KILL my servants and get away with it. You think Trixie will just let you by, and listen to whatever stories you have about how ‘Discord is evil’ and Trixie should listen to you, and how you can get away scot free. Wrong wrong WRONG! I can’t believe you! Why do you treat me like some kind of joke?” Twilight attempted to speak up, but Trixie interrupted her. “Don’t answer that. I know your answer. Because ‘Trixie is a fraud’ and your friends say ‘Because Trixie shouldn’t boast and Twilight, you’re so amazing because you’re not trying to boast’ and it makes me SICK! Well, Trixie won’t have it! If everyone is going to ignore Trixie because she’s second best, I’ll make sure I’m not!”

Trixie shot something out of her horn at lightning speed, as Twilight just barely dodged it. Where Twilight once was lay a smoldering crater, devoid of life, as if a meteor just struck the thing. She gulped. Trixie had been given immense power. But she didn’t give up. “So? I-It’s just another one of your fancy light shows, just with better effects!”

Trixie was dumbfounded. “WHAT? Trixie has been given amazing power from Discord, proven from the 5-foot crater lodged in the ground, and you STILL believe this is one of Trixie’s…tricks? Trixie cannot believe you, Twilight Sparkle!” Trixie shot a blue-ish beam out of her horn, freezing Twilight’s hooves, leaving her incapable of moving. “NOW do you believe?”

Twilight, one by one, broke her hooves out of the ice, wincing in pain. “N-nope!” She bluffed, shivering from the cold. Trixie smashed her head into a nearby tree, and growled. Why wouldn’t this foolish unicorn believe? She had to convince her so she would cower and run away! She shot a fireball from her horn in an attempt to singe Twilight. When it landed, Twilight wildly gritted her teeth to keep from screaming in pain.

Trixie stomped her hoof on the ground while Twilight put it out. “I will admit, it got a little warm. Probably just the wind, though.” Twilight hoped that Trixie wouldn’t see through her ruse, as it seemed pretty obvious that Twilight was in massive pain, ash on her body and some skin on her hooves flapping down.

“If you don’t believe, then FINE! Trixie will show you a glimpse into the true extent of the power granted by the Almighty Discord!” Trixie shot an orange beam that burnt anything that got near it, evidenced by birds that happened to be near its path turned into small turkeys.

Twilight gulped. There was no way she could bluff against something like that, let alone survive it. Instinctively, she put up a large shield, though she knew that it wouldn’t protect her against it. But breaking the ice made it too painful to run from it in time, so it was the only thing she could do. She braced for impact.

As the orange beam made contact with the glimmering shield, the shield shattered into many pieces, knocking Twilight into a tree and having apples fall all over her. “Ha-ha! Now do you understand the extent of Trixie’s power, incompetent foal?” Twilight managed to sit up. “You might wanna take a closer look, Trixie.” Trixie realized that instead of the beam penetrating Twilight’s shield, all it really did was bounce off her shield, back to the person who casted it.

“Oh no no!” Trixie attempted to put up a shield to counteract it, but it was too late. The beam struck Trixie at lightning speed as she skyrocketed upwards, and fell back down to the ground, and left a crater even bigger than the previous crater around a page ago. She struggled to get up and climb out. “T-that was V-very clever, T-Twilight Sparkle. I see what you did. That was VERY clever.” She attempted to cast another spell, but her horn fizzed as she fell to the ground, defeated, and looking almost as pathetic as her henchmen.

Without a word, Trixie, Snips and Snails ran off into the woods. Twilight rolled her eyes. She trotted off in the general direction of Ponyville, ready to face whatever Discord had done.
But she wasn't prepared for this.
End of chapter.

Last edited by Nintendoandfriends (December 21, 2012 1:34:45 AM)

#11 December 21, 2012 2:02:21 AM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn
Bits: 2
Bank: 15,276,587,235

Impressive as usual. :eeyup:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

#12 December 21, 2012 2:49:38 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Why thank you good sir. :D
This is my longest chapter yet. And from the looks of it, the next chapter will be even longer. :)

#13 December 21, 2012 2:51:34 AM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn

Lol.
Could you go on my server?

http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

#14 December 22, 2012 11:47:27 PM

SplatKirby
Alicorn

Nicely done. Was the Trixie part before or after Magic Duel? Because it would make sense either way.

#15 December 23, 2012 6:32:54 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

SplatKirby wrote:

Nicely done. Was the Trixie part before or after Magic Duel? Because it would make sense either way.

I stated at one point it was before Magic duel.

#16 December 23, 2012 7:00:32 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

You should put this on fimfiction.net so that I can put it on my "Read Later" list. :mustache:

#17 December 23, 2012 7:05:50 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Maybe I should.
I'm glad people are actually bothering to read this. :D I thought it would fade into obscurity as a mediocre fic.

#18 December 23, 2012 7:13:35 PM

SplatKirby
Alicorn

SplatKirby wrote:

I stated at one point it was before Magic duel.

Oh, okay. ;)

#19 December 27, 2012 8:13:21 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647

Very nice work.

Also, you'd be surprised to hear this coming from me if you knew my other identity that I have elsewhere.

18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

#20 December 27, 2012 3:48:16 PM

SplatKirby
Alicorn

Deep Thought wrote:

Also, you'd be surprised to hear this coming from me if you knew my other identity that I have elsewhere.

I doubt I'm the only one who's figured it out...:razz:

Last edited by SplatKirby (December 27, 2012 3:51:03 PM)

#21 December 28, 2012 2:22:43 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

SplatKirby wrote:

Deep Thought wrote:

I doubt I'm the only one who's figured it out...:razz:

I don't know who he is. If you know, don't tell anypony else unless he's okay with it.

#22 December 28, 2012 4:31:23 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647

:facehoof: Well played, Splat. Well played. You are allowed to distribute my identity to ONLY Nintendoandfriends (If he/she hasn't also figured it out). Also, I'll reveal three letters for the public. I'm trying to stay incognito until at least 2013. Also, as a joke, I put my gender as "German". Not exactly original, but not (very) stupid either.

18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

#23 December 28, 2012 3:10:31 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn

Deep Thought, I know who you are... or have an idea...

WHY ARE YOU ON THESE FORUMS?! You're not a brony!

#24 December 28, 2012 4:58:25 PM

Axel
Retired Royal Guard
Bits: 66,571,993,454
Bank: 333,260,465,059
Website

What's with TheDarkUnknown, Deep Thought?

"A regular Friday audience, 90 percent feminine and 100 percent well-bred, sat stoically yesterday through thirty minutes of the most cacophonous world premiere ever heard here - the first performance anywhere of a new Violin Concerto by Arnold Schoenberg. Yesterday's piece combines the best sound effects of a hen yard at feeding time, a brisk morning in Chinatown and practice hour at a busy music conservatory. The effect on the vast majority of hearers is that of a lecture on the fourth dimension delivered in Chinese." -An anonymous Philadelphia Record reviewer, on Schoenberg's Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

"I am delighted to add another unplayable work to the repertoire." -Arnold Schoenberg, on his Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

#25 December 28, 2012 9:09:51 PM

SplatKirby
Alicorn

Deep Thought wrote:

:facehoof: Well played, Splat. Well played. You are allowed to distribute my identity to ONLY Nintendoandfriends (If he/she hasn't also figured it out). Also, I'll reveal three letters for the public. I'm trying to stay incognito until at least 2013. Also, as a joke, I put my gender as "German". Not exactly original, but not (very) stupid either.

I haven't told anybody. :3 Trust me.

• Index
  •  » Library
  •  » Paper ponies: Discord and the Star Rod

Adverts

Board footer