The Sausage MLP Forums

The biggest, friendliest brony community on PunBB-Hosting!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Unfortunately, the forums are officially closed to new registrations. We have no idea if there are any plans to change this, as it's been inactive for well over a year anyhow.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 December 28, 2012 10:56:06 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Registered: May 24, 2012
Posts: 2510
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Reputation :   16 
Website

Help me add to the list of rules

I've been procrastinating long enough to make this list of rules, and I know if I don't do it soon, it may never happen.
So then I thought: Hey, why not have the members come up with some rules? It could really help, since a lot of you have great ideas.
I'll list the rules I have so far, in no specific order. Once the list is finished, I'll add a "Rules" page. I won't close this topic so that people can still suggest new rules.
Also I would appreciate it if you would help me add more detail to the existing rules as well.

1. Make your first post ASAP.
If you're a new member and you have no posts, make your first post as soon as you can (Preferably in "Ponyville Gates"). A lot of spambots join the forum every week, and they usually don't make any posts. If they ever do post, they make the fact that they are a spambot much too obvious and get deleted instantly. The point is, if you join and you don't make any posts, you will likely be mistaken for a spambot and your account will be deleted.

2. Don't troll.
Don't put down the other members by making snide or sarcastic remarks. Respect others and don't go out of your way to do something like posting a bunch of topics about how you don't like this user, or this forum. Of course, if you're signing up just for the purpose of trolling you'll just ignore the rules anyway and start wreaking havoc. We have a zero tolerance for trolling so please avoid that, otherwise you will be banned forever. And apologizing is not likely to work, as you will probably lie and troll us again as soon as you get unbanned.

3. Be nice.
If somepony likes a certain thing and you don't, please do not make fun of them for it. Respect their opinions and move on. Don't attack the Non-Bronies for not liking MLP; they legitimately don't like it so you just have to deal with it. However, you can feel free to make fun of Anti-Bronies (The ones that think bronies are dumb and troll them) all you want.

4. Don't reply to spambots.
Replying to spambots is pointless and just makes it take longer for the admin to clean everything up. No matter how funny your post is, it's not worth it and your post will be deleted. Just ignore the spambot and report their post so that they can be taken care of as soon as possible. (Yes, I'm looking at you Rehydration and SplatKirby. :razz: )

5. Don't judge new users.
Give new users some time to settle in. Don't write them off as a jerk or an idiot, or you might risk becoming a jerk yourself. If they often spell words wrong and/or have imperfect English, maybe English wasn't their first language. Or maybe they legitimately can't spell that well. However, people usually seem smarter in person than they do in text. It's the personality that matters, not the grammar.

6. Try to communicate effectively.
Some users will get offended if you don't reply to their posts. Especially if they're greetings. That's the gist of it.

Last edited by Sausagefanclub (May 5, 2013 11:21:21 PM)


"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

Offline

 

December 28, 2012 10:56:06 PM

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 December 29, 2012 4:16:13 PM

Axel
Retired Royal Guard
From: Somewhere in EST.
Registered: June 22, 2012
Posts: 1399
Bits: 66,571,993,454
Bank: 333,260,465,059
Reputation :   11 
Website

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

Boy, I sure learned this the hard(er) way:

5. Don't judge new users.

No description necessary.


"A regular Friday audience, 90 percent feminine and 100 percent well-bred, sat stoically yesterday through thirty minutes of the most cacophonous world premiere ever heard here - the first performance anywhere of a new Violin Concerto by Arnold Schoenberg. Yesterday's piece combines the best sound effects of a hen yard at feeding time, a brisk morning in Chinatown and practice hour at a busy music conservatory. The effect on the vast majority of hearers is that of a lecture on the fourth dimension delivered in Chinese." -An anonymous Philadelphia Record reviewer, on Schoenberg's Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

"I am delighted to add another unplayable work to the repertoire." -Arnold Schoenberg, on his Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

Offline

 

#3 December 29, 2012 4:59:38 PM

jukyter
Earth Pony
Registered: June 8, 2012
Posts: 409
Bits: 2
Bank: 21,815,676,767
Reputation :   -2 

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

sausagefanclub you have failed in your quest for purity :hanghead:
you typed the word 'retarded'...
i'm sorry
you will always have me to help


are we smoke without the fire

Offline

 

#4 December 29, 2012 7:40:36 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Registered: May 24, 2012
Posts: 2510
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Reputation :   16 
Website

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

jukyter wrote:

sausagefanclub you have failed in your quest for purity :hanghead:
you typed the word 'retarded'...
i'm sorry
you will always have me to help

Well, that's the word Anti-Bronies usually use to describe bronies. The other word they like to use is "gay". I didn't use that word because I thought it might offend you.


"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

Offline

 

#5 December 29, 2012 8:19:20 PM

Stipes
Non-Brony
Registered: December 29, 2012
Posts: 21
Bits: 26
Bank: 0
Reputation :   

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

Sausagefanclub wrote:

jukyter wrote:

sausagefanclub you have failed in your quest for purity :hanghead:
you typed the word 'retarded'...
i'm sorry
you will always have me to help

Well, that's the word Anti-Bronies usually use to describe bronies. The other word they like to use is "gay". I didn't use that word because I thought it might offend you.

Retard Is A Hateful Word. Try Not To Use Those Kinds Of Slurs. But What Actually Boggles Me Is Why You Would Think That Using Those Words Is Okay Because People You Don't Seem To Like Use Them.

Offline

 

#6 December 29, 2012 8:21:12 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Registered: May 24, 2012
Posts: 2510
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Reputation :   16 
Website

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

Stipes wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

jukyter wrote:

sausagefanclub you have failed in your quest for purity :hanghead:
you typed the word 'retarded'...
i'm sorry
you will always have me to help

Well, that's the word Anti-Bronies usually use to describe bronies. The other word they like to use is "gay". I didn't use that word because I thought it might offend you.

Retard Is A Hateful Word. Try Not To Use Those Kinds Of Slurs. But What Actually Boggles Me Is Why You Would Think That Using Those Words Is Okay Because People You Don't Seem To Like Use Them.

Which word should I use as an example, then? I'm not going to say "gay" because it may offend people.


"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

Offline

 

#7 December 29, 2012 8:23:42 PM

Stipes
Non-Brony
Registered: December 29, 2012
Posts: 21
Bits: 26
Bank: 0
Reputation :   

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

Why Not Just "Dumb"?

Offline

 

#8 December 29, 2012 8:26:36 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Registered: May 24, 2012
Posts: 2510
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Reputation :   16 
Website

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

Stipes wrote:

Why Not Just "Dumb"?

I guess that's good enough to get the point across. Thanks; I'll change it.


"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

Offline

 

#9 December 29, 2012 10:58:56 PM

SplatKirby
Alicorn
From: Zawame City, next to a Crack
Registered: June 19, 2012
Posts: 1931
Bits: 3
Bank: 2,427,347,901,995
Reputation :   10 

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

Sausagefanclub wrote:

4. Don't reply to spambots.
Replying to spambots is pointless and just makes it take longer for the admin to clean everything up. No matter how funny your post is, it's not worth it and your post will be deleted. Just ignore the spambot and report their post so that they can be taken care of as soon as possible. (Yes, I'm looking at you Rehydration and SplatKirby. :razz: )

Oh, okay. Sorry.


My browser history and I go way back. B)

Offline

 

#10 December 29, 2012 11:23:01 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Registered: May 24, 2012
Posts: 2510
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Reputation :   16 
Website

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

SplatKirby wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

4. Don't reply to spambots.
Replying to spambots is pointless and just makes it take longer for the admin to clean everything up. No matter how funny your post is, it's not worth it and your post will be deleted. Just ignore the spambot and report their post so that they can be taken care of as soon as possible. (Yes, I'm looking at you Rehydration and SplatKirby. :razz: )

Oh, okay. Sorry.

It's alright. I never told you to stop anyway, so you didn't know. ;)


"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

Offline

 

#11 December 29, 2012 11:24:33 PM

SplatKirby
Alicorn
From: Zawame City, next to a Crack
Registered: June 19, 2012
Posts: 1931
Bits: 3
Bank: 2,427,347,901,995
Reputation :   10 

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

Sausagefanclub wrote:

SplatKirby wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

4. Don't reply to spambots.
Replying to spambots is pointless and just makes it take longer for the admin to clean everything up. No matter how funny your post is, it's not worth it and your post will be deleted. Just ignore the spambot and report their post so that they can be taken care of as soon as possible. (Yes, I'm looking at you Rehydration and SplatKirby. :razz: )

Oh, okay. Sorry.

It's alright. I never told you to stop anyway, so you didn't know. ;)

Well, it won't happen again. ;)


My browser history and I go way back. B)

Offline

 

#12 May 5, 2013 6:24:53 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Registered: May 24, 2012
Posts: 2510
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Reputation :   16 
Website

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

Still need help with this, by the way. :|


"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

Offline

 

#13 May 5, 2013 8:21:35 PM

Axel
Retired Royal Guard
From: Somewhere in EST.
Registered: June 22, 2012
Posts: 1399
Bits: 66,571,993,454
Bank: 333,260,465,059
Reputation :   11 
Website

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

Oh. Well you never did add my rule.
Also:

Try to communicate effectively.
What do I mean by this?
Hmm . . . well, think back to TCOTNGOE, when otnay had the curse one week where no one would reply to his posts right away. Some users will get offended if you don't reply to their posts. Especially if they're greetings. That's the gist of it.


"A regular Friday audience, 90 percent feminine and 100 percent well-bred, sat stoically yesterday through thirty minutes of the most cacophonous world premiere ever heard here - the first performance anywhere of a new Violin Concerto by Arnold Schoenberg. Yesterday's piece combines the best sound effects of a hen yard at feeding time, a brisk morning in Chinatown and practice hour at a busy music conservatory. The effect on the vast majority of hearers is that of a lecture on the fourth dimension delivered in Chinese." -An anonymous Philadelphia Record reviewer, on Schoenberg's Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

"I am delighted to add another unplayable work to the repertoire." -Arnold Schoenberg, on his Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

Offline

 

#14 May 5, 2013 10:38:44 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Registered: May 24, 2012
Posts: 2510
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Reputation :   16 
Website

Re: Help me add to the list of rules

I'll update the list with the two rules you suggested. I think we have enough to put them up officially, but we can still use this topic to suggest new rules.


"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

Offline

 

#15 April 19, 2014 4:18:00 PM

ChaoticNeutral
Unicorn
From: Svalbard
Registered: April 18, 2014
Posts: 130
Bits: 185
Bank: 0
Reputation :   
Website

Re: Help me add to the list of rules


Or


http://rav.shishnet.org/63e37c8f7530040cf6f118a7e73c4cfe/desu-chuckle.gif
I probably look like one of those horse people to you~desu.
DESU~desu.

Offline

 

Adverts

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Hosted by PunBB-Hosting