The Sausage MLP Forums

The biggest, friendliest brony community on PunBB-Hosting!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Unfortunately, the forums are officially closed to new registrations. We have no idea if there are any plans to change this, as it's been inactive for well over a year anyhow.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 March 29, 2013 8:25:03 PM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647

Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

We've all fought them, and we might have been beaten by them at least once or twice, but these enemies are so idiotic you can barely stand them.

#10: Crow (Tekken 3)
Crow is probaby one of the dumbest enemies I've ever faced. Sure, the name makes it sound menacing... To a corn field. One hit and *Bam*. Dead. But what's even stupider is how it attacks you. One punch. That's it. It takes 5 seconds to think "Maybe I should punch now". Seriously? If it weren't for Heihachi at the end of stage 4, Tekken Force Mode would be the easiest thing ever. And without Dr. B, it wouldn't even be worth going through!

18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

March 29, 2013 8:25:03 PM

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 March 29, 2013 8:28:33 PM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

#9: All Enemy Ships and Obstacles (Bosconian)
Now. Firstly, the goal of Bosconian is to destroy these green space-station type things that shoot bullets that look like newspapers at you, all while steering clear of the asteroids, mines, and enemy ships. The asteroids and mines can HELP you, because the enemy ships will run straight into them. The space stations will do the same thing by shooting their own formations. If it weren't for the fact that the ships get harder to kill, I'd EASILY put this at #1.

Edit: That's odd, it posted before I was done typing?

Last edited by otnayupidstay (March 29, 2013 8:29:08 PM)

#3 March 30, 2013 12:40:58 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse

#8: Green Koopas (Super Mario Bros.)
Now I'm sure you all expected Goombas to be on this list. While they're both incredibly stupid in the way that they'll both walk off cliffs, the Koopas are even more pathetic. Instead of simply being squashed like the Goombas, the Koopas will just hide in their shell, and they'll let you use them as weapons against their friends. Originally I was going to put Goombas on the list. But I didn't even think about how pathetic the Koopas were.

#4 March 30, 2013 12:48:41 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse

#7: Just about any enemy in Dynasty Warriors 2 onward (I just said what game it's in)
These people get so little health one hit can K.O. them. Seriously. In Dynasty Warriors 5 the only challenging enemy on easy is Lu Bu. And he's still fairly easy to beat. But I'm focusing on the troops themselves. They just stand around and hardly ever attack, just waiting for you to hit them. That's just pathetic. They stand around and wait to die. WHAT IS WRONG WITH TECMO-KOEI?

Last edited by otnayupidstay (March 30, 2013 12:50:05 AM)

#5 March 30, 2013 5:58:32 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Website

otnayupidstay wrote:

#8: Green Koopas (Super Mario Bros.)
Now I'm sure you all expected Goombas to be on this list. While they're both incredibly stupid in the way that they'll both walk off cliffs, the Koopas are even more pathetic. Instead of simply being squashed like the Goombas, the Koopas will just hide in their shell, and they'll let you use them as weapons against their friends. Originally I was going to put Goombas on the list. But I didn't even think about how pathetic the Koopas were.

Their shells can still hurt you though if you're not careful, and often they'll come back out of their shells again later, making them invincible unless you destroy the shell.

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

#6 March 30, 2013 6:51:17 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse

#6: Negative Man (Mother 3)
Dropping the Play before Put rule with this one. Honestly it's hard to tell if I was even abiding it before, but trust me. I was.
Negative man pretty much fails compared to every enemy I've mentioned so far. Essentially, when it's his turn to attack, he just says a truly negative statement. The really sad part is that when he actually does attack, he does 1 damage. :facehoof:
"Facehoof. Beacuse that was too stupid for words to describe."

Last edited by otnayupidstay (April 15, 2013 3:06:02 PM)

#7 March 30, 2013 7:39:51 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Website

otnayupidstay wrote:

#6: Negative Man (Earthbound)
Dropping the Play before Put rule with this one. Honestly it's hard to tell if I was even abiding it before, but trust me. I was.
Negative man pretty much fails compared to every enemy I've mentioned so far. Essentially, when it's his turn to attack, he just says a truly negative statement. The really sad part is that when he actually does attack, he does 1 damage. :facehoof:

Being an Earthbound/MOTHER fan myself, I can tell you that the Negative Man is from Mother 3. Not Earthbound.

But yeah; he's more of a joke enemy. Makes you feel kinda sorry for hurting him.

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

#8 March 30, 2013 11:33:01 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267

Sausagefanclub wrote:

otnayupidstay wrote:

Being an Earthbound/MOTHER fan myself, I can tell you that the Negative Man is from Mother 3. Not Earthbound.

But yeah; he's more of a joke enemy. Makes you feel kinda sorry for hurting him.

Aside from the Porky Statue, There shoulda been another super-tough boss called positive man!
PM: I'm gonna beat you!
*punch* SMASSSHHHHH! 754 damage to Lucas!

http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

#9 March 30, 2013 4:59:10 PM

Sparkle Nose
Banned
Bits: 33
Bank: 250,591,176

i don't understand how negative man was stupid. mind explaining why you think so?

This signature was far too big. It has now been consumed by the darkness.

#10 March 30, 2013 7:06:40 PM

Axel
Retired Royal Guard
Bits: 66,571,993,454
Bank: 333,260,465,059
Website

Nintendoandfriends wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

otnayupidstay wrote:

Aside from the Porky Statue, There shoulda been another super-tough boss called positive man!

:lol:
Also, to Sparkle Nose:
I watched a gameplay video, and you can get through Negative Man without him attacking once. Why put an enemy in the game that can only do 1 damage with every hit, anyway?

"A regular Friday audience, 90 percent feminine and 100 percent well-bred, sat stoically yesterday through thirty minutes of the most cacophonous world premiere ever heard here - the first performance anywhere of a new Violin Concerto by Arnold Schoenberg. Yesterday's piece combines the best sound effects of a hen yard at feeding time, a brisk morning in Chinatown and practice hour at a busy music conservatory. The effect on the vast majority of hearers is that of a lecture on the fourth dimension delivered in Chinese." -An anonymous Philadelphia Record reviewer, on Schoenberg's Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

"I am delighted to add another unplayable work to the repertoire." -Arnold Schoenberg, on his Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

#11 March 30, 2013 11:51:05 PM

SplatKirby
Alicorn
Bits: 4
Bank: 2,427,347,901,995

Rehydration wrote:

Why put an enemy in the game that can only do 1 damage with every hit, anyway?

Just 'cause. :P

My browser history and I go way back. B)

#12 March 30, 2013 11:54:31 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn
Bits: 2
Bank: 15,276,587,235

Waddle Dee from Kirby should be a dishonorable mention. Unless you play Kirby.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

#13 March 31, 2013 12:10:26 AM

Axel
Retired Royal Guard
Website

No.
Waddle Dees are not stupid; they're just blissfully ignorant.

"A regular Friday audience, 90 percent feminine and 100 percent well-bred, sat stoically yesterday through thirty minutes of the most cacophonous world premiere ever heard here - the first performance anywhere of a new Violin Concerto by Arnold Schoenberg. Yesterday's piece combines the best sound effects of a hen yard at feeding time, a brisk morning in Chinatown and practice hour at a busy music conservatory. The effect on the vast majority of hearers is that of a lecture on the fourth dimension delivered in Chinese." -An anonymous Philadelphia Record reviewer, on Schoenberg's Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

"I am delighted to add another unplayable work to the repertoire." -Arnold Schoenberg, on his Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

#14 March 31, 2013 12:48:15 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Rehydration wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

Also, to Sparkle Nose:
I watched a gameplay video, and you can get through Negative Man without him attacking once. Why put an enemy in the game that can only do 1 damage with every hit, anyway?

It's clear you haven't played the game. [Though you said that.] It's because Miyamoto attempted to mix a blend of humor and tragedy, and succeeded SPECTACULARLY. It was one of the game's moments that were there just for fun.

#15 March 31, 2013 12:53:39 AM

SplatKirby
Alicorn

Rehydration wrote:

Also, to Sparkle Nose:

It's clear you haven't played the game. [Though you said that.] It's because Miyamoto attempted to mix a blend of humor and tragedy, and succeeded SPECTACULARLY. It was one of the game's moments that were there just for fun.

He also managed to make a character that looked like Spongebob and Gumby had a kid and it got horrendously depressed.

#16 March 31, 2013 1:14:55 AM

Axel
Retired Royal Guard
Website

Rehydration wrote:

Also, to Sparkle Nose:

Why of course I haven't played the game. I don't have the kind of money to buy waaay overpriced video game systems anyway. -_-

#17 March 31, 2013 1:19:08 AM

SplatKirby
Alicorn

Rehydration wrote:

Rehydration wrote:

Also, to Sparkle Nose:

Why of course I haven't played the game. I don't have the kind of money to buy waaay overpriced video game systems anyway. -_-

*cough cough*Mother 3 translation patch ROM.*cough cough* :P

#18 March 31, 2013 1:35:55 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

SplatKirby wrote:

Rehydration wrote:

And besides, GBAs aren't that expensive. Gamecubes are $12, how much can a GBA cost?
Buying the actual GAME, however...

Last edited by Nintendoandfriends (March 31, 2013 1:36:36 AM)

#19 March 31, 2013 1:58:54 AM

Axel
Retired Royal Guard
Website

SplatKirby wrote:

Rehydration wrote:

And besides, GBAs aren't that expensive. Gamecubes are $12, how much can a GBA cost?
Buying the actual GAME, however...

^^^Also that. -_-^^^

#20 March 31, 2013 2:21:35 AM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn

Rehydration wrote:

No.

*cough* Kirby Super Star *cough*
Seriously, all the Waddle Dee does is walk slower than a Goomba and jump. They even made it a boss! A WADDLE DEE for a boss!
Otherwise, include the parasol enemies from Dreamland 2. They do nothing whatsoever except fall and die in one hit. they also give Parasol.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

#21 March 31, 2013 2:24:33 AM

Axel
Retired Royal Guard
Website

They are also blissfully ignorant.

#22 March 31, 2013 2:24:54 AM

SplatKirby
Alicorn

CountBleck479 wrote:

Rehydration wrote:

No.

*cough* Kirby Super Star *cough*
Seriously, all the Waddle Dee does is walk slower than a Goomba and jump. They even made it a boss! A WADDLE DEE for a boss!
Otherwise, include the parasol enemies from Dreamland 2. They do nothing whatsoever except fall and die in one hit. they also give Parasol.

Ooh! Ooh! And don't forget Kirby's Epic Yarn. Their only attack does no damage.

#23 March 31, 2013 2:30:56 AM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn

They get points for being cute, though ^3^
A pet Waddle Dee could be cool.

#24 March 31, 2013 2:33:23 AM

SplatKirby
Alicorn

CountBleck479 wrote:

They get points for being cute, though ^3^
A pet Waddle Dee could be cool.

Oh, yeah. Give it a marshmallow and see if it acknowledges it as a relative.

#25 March 31, 2013 7:57:55 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse

@SFC: Thanks for the correction I would never have noticed that myself.

@Everypony who mentioned a Waddle Dee: Please, this is a list of MY opinions. You shouldn't try to change them. I might put it as a dishonorable mention, but if I do, I'd have to question if it's dishonorable or the Mention itself is.

@Everypony Else who posted: Thank you for your feedback. (Addmendum@Sparkle Nose: :trollestia:)

Last edited by otnayupidstay (March 31, 2013 7:58:15 AM)

Adverts

Board footer