The Sausage MLP Forums

The biggest, friendliest brony community on PunBB-Hosting!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Unfortunately, the forums are officially closed to new registrations. We have no idea if there are any plans to change this, as it's been inactive for well over a year anyhow.

Adverts

Adverts

#26 March 31, 2013 8:02:36 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Registered: December 27, 2012
Posts: 1569
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647
Reputation :   11 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

#5: Magikarp (Pokemon, what else?)
Firstly, Magikarp counts as an enemy, since you do end up fighting it at one point.
Magikarp only lands at #5 on the list because of the fact that he evolves into Gyarados (If I misspelled that, PM me. I'll remove this if I don't get a PM on the matter soon). However, the main reason he's on this list is because of his moveset. Splash. That's it? It does NOTHING but splash on the ground?! It's kind of questionable how you can even get it the EXP to evolve...


18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

Offline

 

March 31, 2013 8:02:36 AM

AdBot
Advertisements

#27 March 31, 2013 11:34:14 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
From: ???
Registered: November 3, 2012
Posts: 1092
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267
Reputation :   15 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

otnayupidstay wrote:

It's kind of questionable how you can even get it the EXP to evolve...

EXP share, my friend.


http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

Offline

 

#28 March 31, 2013 1:08:53 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn
From: Wherever Flame Hyenard is
Registered: November 18, 2012
Posts: 1565
Bits: 2
Bank: 15,276,587,235
Reputation :   

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

It evolves when it learns Tackle.
Wow.


http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

Offline

 

#29 April 1, 2013 3:19:57 PM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Registered: December 27, 2012
Posts: 1569
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647
Reputation :   11 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

#4: Small Slime/Magma Cube (Minecraft)
First off, let me say that slimes are probably the 4th most annoying enemy in Minecraft. 3rd being spiders, 2nd being the wither, and I'm sure we all know what 1st is. The reason I chose the small slime though, is the fact that its only attack does 0 damage, and it can be killed without even using a weapon. If you have thorns armor, you don't even have to hit it, which just makes it seem even more pathetic. They'd be higher on this list, but they can push you into lava, and that's at least 5 times as annoying as just fighting the slime itself.


18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

Offline

 

#30 April 2, 2013 1:20:20 AM

Axel
Retired Royal Guard
From: Somewhere in EST.
Registered: June 22, 2012
Posts: 1399
Bits: 66,571,993,454
Bank: 333,260,465,059
Reputation :   11 
Website

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

I hate slimes.
They attacked my mansion, spawning in the corners and covering it in a mass of green.


"A regular Friday audience, 90 percent feminine and 100 percent well-bred, sat stoically yesterday through thirty minutes of the most cacophonous world premiere ever heard here - the first performance anywhere of a new Violin Concerto by Arnold Schoenberg. Yesterday's piece combines the best sound effects of a hen yard at feeding time, a brisk morning in Chinatown and practice hour at a busy music conservatory. The effect on the vast majority of hearers is that of a lecture on the fourth dimension delivered in Chinese." -An anonymous Philadelphia Record reviewer, on Schoenberg's Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

"I am delighted to add another unplayable work to the repertoire." -Arnold Schoenberg, on his Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

Offline

 

#31 April 2, 2013 1:24:27 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
From: ???
Registered: November 3, 2012
Posts: 1092
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267
Reputation :   15 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

But they're so cute as pets! D:
They ARE really annoying sometimes, though.

Last edited by Nintendoandfriends (April 2, 2013 1:25:18 AM)


http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

Offline

 

#32 April 2, 2013 4:25:41 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Registered: May 24, 2012
Posts: 2510
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Reputation :   16 
Website

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

The sounds the bigger ones make are almost as annoying as the zombie sounds (Which, in my opinion, are THE most annoying noises in Minecraft).


"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

Offline

 

#33 April 2, 2013 11:00:08 AM

Axel
Retired Royal Guard
From: Somewhere in EST.
Registered: June 22, 2012
Posts: 1399
Bits: 66,571,993,454
Bank: 333,260,465,059
Reputation :   11 
Website

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

Oh, yes.
In my second ever survival (where I was smart enough not to hit a wolf), I killed almost ten creepers in a cave I found. The moment I heard a zombie, I literally screamed and ran out of the cave.


"A regular Friday audience, 90 percent feminine and 100 percent well-bred, sat stoically yesterday through thirty minutes of the most cacophonous world premiere ever heard here - the first performance anywhere of a new Violin Concerto by Arnold Schoenberg. Yesterday's piece combines the best sound effects of a hen yard at feeding time, a brisk morning in Chinatown and practice hour at a busy music conservatory. The effect on the vast majority of hearers is that of a lecture on the fourth dimension delivered in Chinese." -An anonymous Philadelphia Record reviewer, on Schoenberg's Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

"I am delighted to add another unplayable work to the repertoire." -Arnold Schoenberg, on his Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

Offline

 

#34 April 3, 2013 4:59:16 AM

Palom
Changeling

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

otnayupidstay wrote:

#5: Magikarp (Pokemon, what else?)
Firstly, Magikarp counts as an enemy, since you do end up fighting it at one point.
Magikarp only lands at #5 on the list because of the fact that he evolves into Gyarados (If I misspelled that, PM me. I'll remove this if I don't get a PM on the matter soon). However, the main reason he's on this list is because of his moveset. Splash. That's it? It does NOTHING but splash on the ground?! It's kind of questionable how you can even get it the EXP to evolve...

One point?  As in once?  There's always at least a half dozen fisherman who "specialize" in magikraps.

Splash on the ground.  How does Magikrap splash when on an unwetted land where the majority of all pokemon battles take place?

Last edited by Palom (April 3, 2013 5:00:45 AM)

 

#35 April 3, 2013 5:44:26 AM

ThePony
Blank Flank
Registered: March 27, 2013
Posts: 50
Bits: 70
Bank: 0
Reputation :   

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

Palom wrote:

otnayupidstay wrote:

#5: Magikarp (Pokemon, what else?)
Firstly, Magikarp counts as an enemy, since you do end up fighting it at one point.
Magikarp only lands at #5 on the list because of the fact that he evolves into Gyarados (If I misspelled that, PM me. I'll remove this if I don't get a PM on the matter soon). However, the main reason he's on this list is because of his moveset. Splash. That's it? It does NOTHING but splash on the ground?! It's kind of questionable how you can even get it the EXP to evolve...

One point?  As in once?  There's always at least a half dozen fisherman who "specialize" in magikraps.

Splash on the ground.  How does Magikrap splash when on an unwetted land where the majority of all pokemon battles take place?

He also learns Tackle and another move.


yolo

Offline

 

#36 April 3, 2013 6:56:57 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Registered: May 24, 2012
Posts: 2510
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Reputation :   16 
Website

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

Palom wrote:

One point?  As in once?  There's always at least a half dozen fisherman who "specialize" in magikraps.

Splash on the ground.  How does Magikrap splash when on an unwetted land where the majority of all pokemon battles take place?

I see what you did there. :iseewhatyoudidthere:


"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

Offline

 

#37 April 4, 2013 10:42:41 PM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Registered: December 27, 2012
Posts: 1569
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647
Reputation :   11 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

#3: Glass Joe (Punch-Out)
Glass Joe takes this position on the list simply because he's the most pathetic enemy in Punch-Out. He has two attacks that are very easy to counter, and one that's slightly harder to counter, but if you do it knocks him down. That's not all: he doesn't even make an attempt to block.
I've never seen anypony EVER lose to Glass Joe, and I don't think I will for decades to come.


18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

Offline

 

#38 April 4, 2013 10:46:38 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
From: ???
Registered: November 3, 2012
Posts: 1092
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267
Reputation :   15 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

I lost to title defense glass joe. :(


http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

Offline

 

#39 April 5, 2013 3:48:24 AM

Palom
Changeling

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

otnayupidstay wrote:

#3: Glass Joe (Punch-Out)
I've never seen anypony EVER lose to Glass Joe.

Would you believe Nick Bruiser?  Oh yes.

 

#40 April 5, 2013 4:05:53 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
From: ???
Registered: November 3, 2012
Posts: 1092
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267
Reputation :   15 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

Palom wrote:

otnayupidstay wrote:

#3: Glass Joe (Punch-Out)
I've never seen anypony EVER lose to Glass Joe.

Would you believe Nick Bruiser?  Oh yes.

I thought Nintendo confirmed that's a joke.
Plus, Nicky has 0 losses.


http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

Offline

 

#41 April 5, 2013 4:15:09 AM

Palom
Changeling

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

Nintendoandfriends wrote:

Palom wrote:

otnayupidstay wrote:

#3: Glass Joe (Punch-Out)
I've never seen anypony EVER lose to Glass Joe.

Would you believe Nick Bruiser?  Oh yes.

I thought Nintendo confirmed that's a joke.
Plus, Nicky has 0 losses.

Nintendo eventually discards everything.

And only zero sanctioned loses, is what I make of it.

 

#42 April 5, 2013 5:13:19 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Registered: December 27, 2012
Posts: 1569
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647
Reputation :   11 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

Nintendoandfriends wrote:

I lost to title defense glass joe. :(

Well, I am sort of talking about the original Punch-Out's Glass Joe, which doesn't have a TD version. The only fighter you face twice is Piston Honda in the original.
And I'm not counting the TD version of Glass Joe. I admit he was a challenge. (But NOTHING compared to TD Soda Popnski.)


18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

Offline

 

#43 April 5, 2013 1:18:24 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
From: ???
Registered: November 3, 2012
Posts: 1092
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267
Reputation :   15 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

otnayupidstay wrote:

Nintendoandfriends wrote:

I lost to title defense glass joe. :(

Well, I am sort of talking about the original Punch-Out's Glass Joe, which doesn't have a TD version. The only fighter you face twice is Piston Honda in the original.
And I'm not counting the TD version of Glass Joe. I admit he was a challenge. (But NOTHING compared to TD Soda Popnski.)

TD Soda Popinski: Oh, you want to attack me? Sorry, I'll keep pummeling you while giving you miliseconds to think in between.


http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

Offline

 

#44 April 5, 2013 1:54:21 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn
From: Wherever Flame Hyenard is
Registered: November 18, 2012
Posts: 1565
Bits: 2
Bank: 15,276,587,235
Reputation :   

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

I'm stuck on TD Bear Hugger. God, he's annoying.
Fun fact: I faced TD Great Tiger at a friend's house. And then I faced Contender. Strangely enough, TD was easier.


http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

Offline

 

#45 April 5, 2013 1:56:30 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
From: ???
Registered: November 3, 2012
Posts: 1092
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267
Reputation :   15 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

CountBleck479 wrote:

I'm stuck on TD Bear Hugger. God, he's annoying.
Fun fact: I faced TD Great Tiger at a friend's house. And then I faced Contender. Strangely enough, TD was easier.

Of course he's easier.
His attacks are color coded for your convience.


http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

Offline

 

#46 April 5, 2013 1:56:32 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn
From: Wherever Flame Hyenard is
Registered: November 18, 2012
Posts: 1565
Bits: 2
Bank: 15,276,587,235
Reputation :   

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

Glass Joe's ONE victory actually came from an accidental thing with Nick Bruiser. His record's 1-99.


http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

Offline

 

#47 April 5, 2013 1:59:11 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
From: ???
Registered: November 3, 2012
Posts: 1092
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267
Reputation :   15 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

CountBleck479 wrote:

Glass Joe's ONE victory actually came from an accidental thing with Nick Bruiser. His record's 1-99.

We already said that. Read back.
And Nintendo discarded that. Ol' Nicky has 0 losses.


http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

Offline

 

#48 April 5, 2013 2:17:12 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn
From: Wherever Flame Hyenard is
Registered: November 18, 2012
Posts: 1565
Bits: 2
Bank: 15,276,587,235
Reputation :   

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

Glass Joe still has a win, however.


http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

Offline

 

#49 April 12, 2013 5:46:09 PM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Registered: December 27, 2012
Posts: 1569
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647
Reputation :   11 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

Yeah. They probably changed the story to where he won because his opponent never came to the fight.

Anyway...

#2: The Rock from Dig Dug
Before any of you say "That's not an enemy!", it actually is. I can't even begin to count how many times that stupid boulder's crushed me in the past. Anyway, as you might have guessed, you can dig under the rock and it'll fall. Simple as that. It's the first enemy I've ever seen that can actually be controlled to some extent by the player, and also the first enemy I've seen that actually has a chance of HELPING you, despite doing nothing else. Another reason it's at 2 is because when the rock hits the ground again (and it doesn't even matter how far it fell), it breaks.


18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

Offline

 

#50 May 7, 2013 10:03:48 PM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Registered: December 27, 2012
Posts: 1569
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647
Reputation :   11 

Re: Top 10 Stupidest Video Game Enemies

After almost a full month of waiting, I finally present the last item:

#1: Dungeon Guardian (Terraria)
While the dungeon guardian is probably the most annoying enemy ever created (Hey, I'm sure everypony who's played Terraria has died because of it at least once.), the fact that if when you try to defeat it and succeed, it drops absolutely nothing. Not even a corpse. It just vanishes entirely. Although it's not meant to be defeated in the first place (obviously), that's just stupid. It should at least drop some coins, if nothing else! But the really annoying part is that it can one hit kill you, so you can't really go up against it without dying unless you're REALLY skilled and have some high-tier projectile weapons (Not to mention, a lot of mana/ammo). Still. No reward for killing it. That puts this at #1 on the list.


18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

Offline

 

Adverts

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Hosted by PunBB-Hosting