The Sausage MLP Forums

The biggest, friendliest brony community on PunBB-Hosting!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Unfortunately, the forums are officially closed to new registrations. We have no idea if there are any plans to change this, as it's been inactive for well over a year anyhow.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 August 31, 2013 11:01:37 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Website

TCOTNGOE: Simpler Times

Okay, so it appears the biggest RPG on the forum got too confusing. The storyline got too complex, and people weren't really willing to keep up with it anymore. So this is going to be a little different. We can still use the same characters and/or make new ones, but we're going to try to keep this RPG true to the feel of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The storylines will stay fairly simple (For example, somepony misbehaving or an attack from a rather tame villain), and all things will take place in Equestria. The story takes place in sort of a parallel universe to the original TCOTNGOE. No, not with the Omega versions of our OCs. The same characters from before, except they can be a little different if you want. In this world, my OCs Mist and Sidian are already hooked up because I've done their love story before. However, our OCs have not met each other yet so there will need to be some introductions.

Instead of using chapters, this time we'll be calling them episodes. Once we've decided the name of an episode, we need to do a plotline true to the name of that episode without going off track. Once we've started an episode, we can't stop until we finish it. If an episode goes too irreversibly off track, I have the right to cancel it and start a new episode.

Additional Rules:
- The obvious ones
- Keep it pony-related! No Mario, no Sonic, no Chuck Norris. But small references are okay.
- Existing ponies from the series can be controlled by anypony, as long as they act in-character. No claiming, but there may occasionally be temporary exceptions.

Fill out this form if you want to make a new OC, or (optionally) re-introduce your OC from the old TCOTNGOE:

Name:
Cutie Mark and Talent:
Summary:
Picture (optional):

My OCs:

Name: Ob Sidian, but he prefers just "Sidian".
Cutie Mark and Talent: Unknown
Species: Earth Pony
Summary: Was named after a rock because his parents were great coal miners. He's not a good miner himself though, so he still tries to find his special talent today despite being an adult. He hides his bare flank by painting a picture of a rock on it. He is madly in love with his marefriend, Mist Whisper.
Picture: http://i.imgur.com/QGNj0.png

Name: Mist Whisper
Cutie Mark and Talent: A thin, soft cloud. Symbolizes her ability to soothe the troubled mind.
Species: Pegasus
Summary: Left the weather patrol for a calm life down on the surface. She's fairly social, and loves all her friends. Especially Sidian, whom her love for is literal.
Picture: http://i.imgur.com/Zz3n2.png

I'll start once somepony else posts that they would like to join.

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

August 31, 2013 11:01:37 PM

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 August 31, 2013 11:09:47 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267

Re: TCOTNGOE: Simpler Times

You knew I would join, we were just talking about this.

Name: WhiteSound
Cutie mark and talent: Red electric guitar, playing music on his guitar.
Species: Pegasus.
Summary: A pegasus that grew up with loud, music-loving parents. Ever since he was 3, he enjoyed going to different concerts with his parents, which inspired him to become a musician. Wears Black shades, outlined with red. He's white (duh) and has a black mane with blue eyes. Always carries around a red electric guitar. He is very carefree, and couldn't care less about what people think of him. Unless you press his buttons. Then he flies in a rage. Always up for a gig. Constantly humming lyrics to songs.

Last edited by Nintendoandfriends (August 31, 2013 11:59:01 PM)

http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

#3 September 1, 2013 12:06:50 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

Alright!

Episode 1: First Impressions

Mist and Sidian were on a bench, discussing the deeper meanings of life.

"So... what exactly does it mean to be a... potato?" Mist asked.
"Well, that certainly came out of nowhere." Sidian said with a chuckle. "I think we're done here. I think we should get acquainted with the townsfolk around Ponyville. After all, we've only been here for a few days."
"Fair enough." Mist agreed as she rose from the bench and did some stretches.
Sidian looked around to see if anypony might like to talk to them.

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

#4 September 1, 2013 12:12:27 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Whitesound was hiding from the swarm of killer wasps. "Okay, I think they're gone." Whitesound peeked his head out of the tree. "Well, it looks safe." He trotted on the branch lightly, so not to disturb the bees' nest. He took a glance to the left and right. He breathed a sigh of relief.
And then the bees, angry for some reason, dashed out of their hive. Whitesound lost his balance and fell face first into foals frollicking in the flowers fancifully. They ran out.
Whitesound shook his head and looked up, and saw the two foals behind a bench with 2 ponies---one with a rock on his flank, and a blue one.
"I forgot I could fly." Whitesound shook himself and stumbled around for a second before his vision returned to normal. He realized his stumbling had led him in front of the two ponies. Not wanting to seem strange, he made greetings.
"Um...hi."

#5 September 1, 2013 12:17:18 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

Mist smiled. "Huh. Well that was easy. Hi! I'm Mist, and this is my coltfriend." She nudged Sidian with one hoof, causing him to snap to attention. "Oh, hi. My name's Sidian. Who might you be?"

#6 September 1, 2013 12:20:01 AM

SplatKirby
Alicorn
Bits: 4
Bank: 2,427,347,901,995

Name: Chilly Breeze
Cutie Mark and Talent: Microphone. He's a reporter, so his talent is...dunno, reporting? XD
Species: Pegasus (Never been a pegasus before.)
Summary: He's a reporter. So yeah. He has a house and a boss. The end.
Picture: None.

Name: Jap Anese
Cutie Mark and Talent: His Cutie Mark is a sword. He's good at swinging a sword around.
Species: Earth Pony
Summary: Addicted to Japonyse Jidai Geki movies (pun intended), he became proficient at...swinging a sword. But there's no need to do it often. (I hope.) He sometimes mixes Japonyse into his sentences.

My browser history and I go way back. B)

#7 September 1, 2013 12:20:09 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

"My name's Whitesound." He stated. He was glad they hadn't seen his earlier shenanigans, but something told him these were the kind of folk that didn't really mind. "So, um, are you doing anything currently? Aside from...sitting on this bench?" He asked.

#8 September 1, 2013 12:24:41 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

"Not really," Mist replied. "We're new to Ponyville, so we're just looking to make some friends at the moment."

#9 September 1, 2013 12:25:18 AM

SplatKirby
Alicorn
Bits: 4
Bank: 2,427,347,901,995

You know what I need? A good story, Chilly Breeze thought as he walked through town. He noticed the group near the bench and thought: Killer Bees a Public Menace? Nah...

My browser history and I go way back. B)

#10 September 1, 2013 12:29:18 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

"oh." He said, a bit disappointed. "Well, you shoulda seen what happened!" He said, his voice becoming slightly louder. "There I was, flying around, not necessarily that high, when all of a sudden I hit my head on a bee hive. Now, I was thinking that nothing would happen, and I could just continue on my merry way. But then BLAM!" He had enough excitement in his voice to cheer up the whole town.
"The wasps started comin' out, one by one until there was a small army of them! I managed to hide from there by going into that tree," he pointed to the tree a few feet from them, "But as I was leaving, a whole slew of bees came out of nowhere, and knocked me into the ground.
Then I saw...you...ponies." He finished, nearly out of breath.

Last edited by Nintendoandfriends (September 1, 2013 12:30:53 AM)

#11 September 1, 2013 12:31:05 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

"Oh, don't forget the part where the bees snuck up behind you." Mist said, pointing behind Whitesound.

Sidian stared in that direction, backing away slowly.

#12 September 1, 2013 12:34:07 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

"Huh? No, I'm fi--" He turned around when the buzzing became louder. His eyes quickly grew large as he ran away. "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!" He shouted as he jumped into a fountain. It almost splashed on the bees, but they quickly flew away. "Ha ha! You stupid bees! Oh, I don't feel so good..." He got out and shook his wet fur onto a dog, which shook its fur onto Whitesound, who shook his fur on the dog, who shook his fur on Whitesound, who
You get the picture.

#13 September 1, 2013 12:44:07 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

The head bee seemed to make a high-pitched laughing sound, then directed the swarm to return to the hive.

Mist pulled a towel out of her saddlebag and offered it to Whitesound. "Here, you can dry yourself off."

#14 September 1, 2013 12:46:15 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

"Thank-" Before Whitesound could finish, the dog shook itself again, causing the towel to get all wet. He quickly turned to the dog and grimaced. "Stupid dog! You make me look bad!" He pulled a creepy mask out of nowhere and went "OOGA BOOGA BOOGA!" He yelled.

#15 September 1, 2013 1:00:50 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

The dog whimpered and ran away.
"Well, you sure seem like an interesting fellow." Sidian noted.
Suddenly, a pink pony erupted from Mist's mane. Mist stared up in horror, wondering how a pony had gotten there. The mare hopped off Mist's head and landed perfectly. A few ponies on the street applauded.
"How in the name of Celestia did you do that?!" Mist said, with her mouth open wide.
"Silly pony," The pink mare giggled. "You're a pegasus! I don't need to teach you how to jump."
"That's not... Oh, never mind. Is there something you would like to tell me?"
The other pony nodded. "I've never seen you or your friend before! That means..." Suddenly she ran off before she could complete her sentence.
"Well, that was odd..." Sidian said.

#16 September 1, 2013 1:02:46 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Whitesound simply rolled his eyes. "I've seen her a few times. Moved here 2 weeks ago. She threw me this awesome party and I wailed on my guitar and jumped into the crowd." He said, as if he was living them right now. "Anyway, you might wanna get ready. She'll be throwin' you that party...soon." He said, after some thinking.

#17 September 1, 2013 1:09:51 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

"Wow, really? She sounds like a very nice pony." Mist said. "Hey, maybe you could play for us at the party?"

#18 September 1, 2013 1:15:36 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Whitesound thought. "Maybe. Maybe. We'll have to wait and see." He said, his mind on something else. After a few seconds, he simply snapped out of it. "So, where exactly do you guys live? In what house?" He asked, adding that last part quickly, afraid he wasn't clear enough.

#19 September 1, 2013 1:20:14 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

Mist looked to the east. "We live together somewhere close to the edge of Ponyville. Past that there's this beautiful cottage we've been meaning to visit sometime, and past that is the Everfree Forest. We moved in recently, so we don't have many possessions in there at the moment. If you want we can walk there or something."

#20 September 1, 2013 1:26:35 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Whitesound thought. "Hmm..." A red-cloaked version of him appeared on his left ear. "Do you have to go?" "Well. hold on." Whitesound said. "Maybe we should listen to the good me."
"I AM the good you." Whitesound gave a confused look, but all of a sudden, a large tapeworm [bad him] erupted from his eye---without any damage, as this was part of his psyche---and crawled around on his face and ate the red-cloaked Whitesound, and crawled back into his head.
Whitesound shook his head. After a short pause, he responded "Alright, sure. We can walk there."

Last edited by Nintendoandfriends (September 1, 2013 1:27:07 AM)

#21 September 1, 2013 1:30:36 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

"Sweet. Just follow us; we know how to get there." Sidian said as he began to lead the trio.

Ten minutes later, Mist began to question Sidian. "Love, are you sure you know where you're going?..."
Sidian laughed nervously. "Of course! How could I have forgotten where we live? Heh heh..."
Mist shook her head. "We'd better not be lost."

#22 September 1, 2013 1:35:13 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Whitesound chuckled. "Of course we're not lost! We're just in the middle of a group of seemingly identical buildings, made of different materials from hay to straw to brick, and all the ponies here are too happy to give us the time of day, and all of the food stands are out of ketchup, and---
yeah, we're lost." Whitesound abruptly finished.

#23 September 1, 2013 2:10:30 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

"Mist, do you remember what our house even looks like?" Sidian asked.
"Come to think of it... no." Mist frowned. "This town is a lot bigger than I thought."
"I hope somepony's willing to give us directions..." Sidian said.

#24 September 1, 2013 2:19:58 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Whitesound groaned. "Oh, this cannot be go-" All of a sudden, a pink pony jumped out of the shadows, as if she teleported. "Hi!"
Whitesound was startled and let out a small yelp. "AH! Oh...it's just you, Pinkie." "Yep!" She beamed a bright smile. Then she realized who the two ponies behind him were. "Ohmigosh! I'm so sorry I haven't thrown you that party yet! But I promise that it's gonna be super super awesome and when you come to i--"
"Can it, Pinkie. We just wanna know how to get to their house." Pinkie looked a little disheartened, but perked up again. "SURE! Follow me!" She ran away, quick as lightning. Whitesound realized what just happened, and quickly ran after her. "HEY! COME BACK!" He yelled.

#25 September 1, 2013 3:36:00 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

Mist immediately told Sidian to climb on her back, then dashed after Whitesound. "Wait up!"
Pinkie Pie began to run in strange patterns. First she and the three ponies following her ran around a tree five times before it turned out the tree was sentient and yellow and shaped like a pony. The tree told her to stop, so she continued running along the path. She began a habit of running straight toward random ponies before veering out of the way, causing her followers to almost crash. She did this at least ten times until she finally ran into a two-story house. Mist and friends followed her inside.
"...This isn't our house." Mist said.
"She's still running!" Sidian pointed a hoof at Pinkie, who was running up the stairs and about to go on the roof. The ponies followed her onto the roof, where she was now cheerfully hopping across the rooftops. Nopony else seemed to be surprised by this for some reason. Despite how fast she could fly, Mist couldn't catch up to the pink party pony. Suddenly Pinkie Pie popped down the chimney of one of the houses. Mist flew down to the entrance of the house to wait for Pinkie to run out.
Instead, the hyper mare crashed through the second story window and continued her rampage through the town. She hopped over a stallion, slid under a mare's legs, then hopped into a bush. Immediately afterward she climbed out of Mist's saddlebag and burrowed into her mane. She jumped out of the bush again and bounced toward another building. The ponies went inside and came into a room full of doors. Pinkie Pie ran into the first door to the left. Mist told Sidian to get off her so they could split up. Sidian ran into the door Pinkie Pie had gone into. Pinkie Pie ran out of the last door to the right, then into the door parallel to her. Sidian came back out of the door he had entered. "Wait, I'm back here again? But I swear I... she..." Sidian stopped talking and went back in the door. The other ponies followed him in. Eventually they all ended up in the same room again, except Pinkie Pie was now chasing Mist. They ran into the closest door, then Sidian came out triumphantly carrying Whitesound. He did an irish jig of victory then carried Whitesound back through a door. Mist and Pinkie Pie ran out giving each other hugs, then suddenly broke up and ran in separate directions. Sidian dropped down from a hole in the ceiling with a rope along with Mist, where they randomly began to make out with each other. Pinkie Pie dashed out through the exit door, prompting everypony to continue the chase.
They came out through a ponyhole in the middle of the street, where Pinkie continued to keep running. A grey pegasus saw the chase and considered joining, but decided it wasn't worth it and resumed her normal business. Pinkie Pie began hopping off of everypony's heads to go places, which clearly was getting on their nerves. Pinkie Pie ended her romp with a quintuple backflip, then landed on the roof of Mist and Sidian's house.
She hopped into the air, waved, then fell down the chimney again.
Mist and Sidian looked at each other, bewildered, then went into their house.
The lights were off.

"SURPRISE!!!" An uncountable number of ponies shouted.
"Gotcha!" Pinkie Pie nudged Mist. "I made you fly all around town so that my friends could set up this super duper special party for you!"
Mist smiled "Wow, that's really nice of you! I just hope this party was worth losing all that ener..." She flopped down onto the floor and fell asleep.

Adverts

Board footer