The Sausage MLP Forums

The biggest, friendliest brony community on PunBB-Hosting!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Unfortunately, the forums are officially closed to new registrations. We have no idea if there are any plans to change this, as it's been inactive for well over a year anyhow.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 October 27, 2013 1:19:50 AM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn
Bits: 2
Bank: 15,276,587,235
Advent of the SMLPS: What a TVTropes Page Would Look Like

These are from the entire series.

Affably Evil: Nintendoandfriends, when possessed.
Awesome But Impractical: New Year's Eve Bombs in game 2, which can reduce any enemy's HP to one. Sausagefanclub only sells these after you've beaten the game (And talked to him twice) for the ridiculous price of 999001 bits, and they only have a 5% success rate.
Awesome Yet Practical: Cool Scrolls in game 1. They're fairly cheap considering how much money you probably have by this point, and can significantly damage groups of enemies.
A Winner Is You: Sausagefanclub quotes this trope exactly if you talk to him after beating the game.
Berserk Button: Whenever someone says "chortle" around the Count, he starts swearing uncontrollably.
Beware the Nice Ones: Christie. She acts like a sweet little girl - but when you don't want to play with her, she becomes a freaking demon.
Big Bad: Valstriros
Bigger Bad: Xarpid
Bonus Boss: There are several - Cursed otnayupidstay, Sir Bleck XCVII, etc.
Bonus Level: The Graveyard, Vampire Castle, and more.
Boss Corridor: Valstriros's Lair in game 2.
Boss in Mook Clothing: Jupiter Sparks, in all the games they appear in. Tons of hp, hard-hitting, and can instakill you, if you're not careful. Thankfully, it's only a 5% chance for an instakill, and they're rare.
Breaking the Fourth Wall: Exava does this often. So does the Count.
Cloudcuckoolander: Irnbrox, and to a lesser extent, the Count.
Comedic Relief Character: NAF's clone.
Crowning Moment of Funny: "Wanna see what I can do with my nose?"
Curb-stomp Battle: Definitely the "battle" against Xarpid from the 3rd game.
A Day in the Limelight: Apparently the DX version otnay's making.
Defeat Means Friendship: Most of the forumers, although some of them may hold a grudge against you(the Count being the prime example of this).
Demonic Possession: Valstriros does this to pretty much all the forum members.
Development Hell: Game 2 has suffered from this due to personal problems Sausagefanclub has had to deal with, causing development to be postponed.
The Dev Team Thinks of Everything: Everything in the Lair in game 2 is interactive, including the northern wall. Also there are many unique engravings on the hundreds of tombstones in the Graveyard. Additionally, if you manage to talk to one of the forumers in the lair while said forumer is already in your party, they will have a unique dialogue exclusive to them meeting themselves.
Disc One Final Boss: Valstriros from games 2 and 3 - ESPECIALLY in game 3, where he can cause uncurable Poison and Paralysis to a party member.
Disc One Final Dungeon: Valstriros's Lair from games 2 and 3.
Disc One Nuke: Shade in game 1. Saint, a skill Exava learns in game 2. SO POWERFUL... until the second half of the game.
Dual Boss: The first otnay fight from Advent 1. Featuring Sentry Mark III.
Duel Boss: Xarpid VS the Count.
Eldritch Abomination: All the bosses in the Count's sidequests.
Eldritch Location: Doom Dimension, Irnbrox's stage from the 3rd game. The Depths also qualifies.
Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: The Xarpid "fight" before the Valstriros fight.
Face Heel Turn: This repeatedly happens to the forumers. Also happens to MM permanently in the 3rd game.
Final Boss: Valstriros in game 1, Valstriros EX in game 2 and Xarpid in game 3.
Heel Face Turn: Valstriros near the end of game 3.
Infinity-1 Sword: The Admin Sword in game 1.
Infinity+1 Sword: The Galacta Lance in game 1.
Last Ditch Move: Dimentio's Parent Killer attack and Giygas's unknown attack that can cause a full-party kill.
Lethal Lava Land: Any stage with MightyMetagross as the boss.
Magic Knight: CryptGhast152.
Multi Mook Melee: The Pit of 100 Trials.
Mythology Gag: There are various jokes and dialogues that only members of the forum would know, such as MM's opening dialogue in the first game or even the villain himself, Valstriros, who was born from a thread in News Bulletin.
Nintendo Hard: Game 3.
Nonstandard Game Over: Some of the traps in Irnbrox's stage after you beat him. If you choose the wrong choice while talking to Samnrak, he'll give you a Game Over.
One-hit Kill: Most of the bosses later in the games have this.
Plot Armor: All of the forumers, CryptGhast, Exava, and Valstriros have eluded death. Also parodied.  When speaking to NaF's clone, one possibility is he'll blow up, causing a game over, with the screen fading to black...and then coming back, with the characters namedropping this trope.
Puff of Logic: BurstMan723 disappears in game 2 after he discovers he never really existed.
Quirky Miniboss Squad: Every single boss in Dementia.
Sanity Slippage: Sausagefanclub in game 2. The Count could qualify if he wasn't insane from the start.
Seven Deadly Sins:

Lust: MightyMetagross
Greed: Valstriros
Envy: SFC, to a lesser extent.
Sloth: SplatKirby. He's so slothy(I know it's not a word) that he doesn't even bother to talk.
Wrath: otnay.
Pride: NaF, to a lesser extent.
Gluttony: The Count.

Side Quest: Quite a few.
The Silent: Splat.
Squishy Wizard: Exava from the second game.
Surprise Creepy: The new, flesh-covered Forum Depths in game 2.
That One Boss: Sausagefanclub in games 1 and 2. Adumrod in game 3. Does tons of damage per hit - especially with his super attack - and has a decent amount of HP. Plus, there's a punishing miniboss before him.
That One Level: The two ruins levels in Advent 2 are brutal. They're sequential, for one. Also, each floor is pretty long, and big. The enemies are good at inflicting annoying status effects, and have high hp. Also, there are TWO bosses.
There Are No Tents: In games 1 and 2, talking to the Maid is the only way to sleep and recover your party.
They Killed Kenny Again: otnay has died so many times it's not even funny.
Too Dumb To Live: Free Bird.
Villain Forgot To Level Grind: Magnus Von Grapple's rematch in game 2. Plus, you fight him with MightyMetagross, making him die 20% faster.
Wake Up Call Boss: In the third game, Brobby will basically tell you that these games are done going easy.
Walking Spoiler: Xarpid.
Womb Level: Subverted. The Forum Depths appear to be this, but it's revealed when you get to SFC that it's actually his hatred sprawled throughout the lair. Played straight in aesthetics, however.
You Cannot Grasp The True Form: otnayupidstay and Sausagefanclub have a few attacks like this, but the majority of Giygas's attacks are this.

Add any more if you wish.

Last edited by CountBleck479 (November 3, 2013 6:25:42 PM)

http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

October 27, 2013 1:19:50 AM

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 October 27, 2013 2:16:08 AM

Axel
Retired Royal Guard
Bits: 66,571,993,454
Bank: 333,260,465,059
Website

Re: Advent of the SMLPS: What a TVTropes Page Would Look Like

This is pretty awesome. 8)

"A regular Friday audience, 90 percent feminine and 100 percent well-bred, sat stoically yesterday through thirty minutes of the most cacophonous world premiere ever heard here - the first performance anywhere of a new Violin Concerto by Arnold Schoenberg. Yesterday's piece combines the best sound effects of a hen yard at feeding time, a brisk morning in Chinatown and practice hour at a busy music conservatory. The effect on the vast majority of hearers is that of a lecture on the fourth dimension delivered in Chinese." -An anonymous Philadelphia Record reviewer, on Schoenberg's Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

"I am delighted to add another unplayable work to the repertoire." -Arnold Schoenberg, on his Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

#3 October 27, 2013 8:12:20 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647

(Gluttony? Me? Is not understand.)
They Killed Kenny Again: otnay has died so many times it's not even funny.

Last edited by otnayupidstay (October 28, 2013 7:59:54 AM)

18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

#4 October 27, 2013 12:34:52 PM

SplatKirby
Alicorn
Bits: 4
Bank: 2,427,347,901,995

I can agree with sloth. :P

The Silent: Splat.
Comedic Relief Character: NAF's clone.
Crowning Moment of Funny: "Wanna see what I can do with my nose?"

My browser history and I go way back. B)

#5 October 27, 2013 1:09:54 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn

otnayupidstay wrote:

Back from the Dead: otnay has died so many times it's not even funny.

I put you there because I had nowhere else to put you. :P
Kidding. I think I could switch you with me, actually.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

#6 October 27, 2013 10:01:12 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Website

I had a long list of tropes ready earlier, but I accidentally refreshed the page and lost it all. :(
I tried to re-type as much of it as I could:

Awesome But Impractical: New Year's Eve Bombs in game 2, which can reduce any enemy's HP to one. Sausagefanclub only sells these after you've beaten the game (And talked to him twice) for the ridiculous price of 999001 bits, and they only have a 5% success rate.
Awesome Yet Practical: Cool Scrolls in game 1. They're fairly cheap considering how much money you probably have by this point, and can significantly damage groups of enemies.
A Winner Is You: Sausagefanclub quotes this trope exactly if you talk to him after beating the game.
Boss Corridor: Valstriros's Lair in game 2.
Defeat Means Friendship: Most of the forumers, although some of them may hold a grudge against you.
Development Hell: Game 2 has suffered from this due to personal problems Sausagefanclub has had to deal with, causing development to be postponed.
The Dev Team Thinks of Everything: Everything in the Lair in game 2 is interactive, including the northern wall. Also there are many unique engravings on the hundreds of tombstones in the Graveyard. Additionally, if you manage to talk to one of the forumers in the lair while said forumer is already in your party, they will have a unique dialogue exclusive to them meeting themselves.
Face Heel Turn: This repeatedly happens to the forumers.
Final Boss: Valstriros in game 1, Valstriros EX in game 2 and Xarpid in game 3.
Heel Face Turn: Valstriros near the end of game 3.
Nintendo Hard: Game 3.
Puff of Logic: BurstMan723 disappears in game 2 after he discovers he never really existed.
Sanity Slippage: Sausagefanclub in game 2.
Surprise Creepy: The new, flesh-covered Forum Depths in game 2.
That One Boss: Sausagefanclub in games 1 and 2.
There Are No Tents: In games 1 and 2, talking to the Maid is the only way to sleep and recover your party.
Too Dumb To Live: Free Bird.
Villain Forgot To Level Grind: Magnus Von Grapple's rematch in game 2.
You Cannot Grasp The True Form: otnayupidstay and Sausagefanclub have a few attacks like this, but the majority of Giygas's attacks are this.

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

#7 October 28, 2013 1:07:01 AM

SplatKirby
Alicorn

Mythology Gag: There are various jokes and dialogues that only members of the forum would know, such as MM's opening dialogue in the first game or even the villain himself, Valstriros, who was born from a thread in News Bulletin.

#8 October 28, 2013 3:46:13 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267

Boss in mook clothing: Jupiter Sparks, in all the games they appear in. Tons of hp, hard-hitting, and can instakill you, if you're not careful. Thankfully, it's only a 5% chance for an instakill, and they're rare.

Plot Armor: Parodied.  When speaking to NaF's clone, one possibility is he'll blow up, causing a game over, with the screen fading to black...and then coming back, with the characters namedropping this trope.

That One Level: The two ruins levels in Advent 2 are brutal. They're sequential, for one. Also, each floor is pretty long, and big. The enemies are good at inflicting annoying status effects, and have high hp. Also, there are TWO bosses.

Womb Level: Subverted. The Forum Depths appear to be this, but it's revealed when you get to SFC that it's actually his hatred sprawled throughout the lair. Played straight in aesthetics, however.

Last edited by Nintendoandfriends (October 28, 2013 11:58:33 AM)

http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

#9 October 28, 2013 4:40:45 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

Nintendoandfriends wrote:

Demonic Spiders: Many, but most notably are the Jupiter Sparks, in all the games they appear in. Tons of hp, hard-hitting, and can instakill you, if you're not careful. Thankfully, it's only a 5% chance for an instakill, and they're rare.

Actually, I think that would be closer to "Boss In Mook Clothing". That's one of the things I forgot to re-type when I reconstructed the list that I lost.

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

#10 October 28, 2013 7:33:36 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse

Apparently my last post is somewhat invisible. I guess I really am starting to fade from existence. :(
Here's hoping this post doesn't meet the same fate...

Plot Armor: All of the forumers, CryptGhast, Exava, and Valstriros have eluded death.
King Mook: A lot of the minibosses from the first and second games.

Last edited by otnayupidstay (October 28, 2013 7:53:30 AM)

#11 October 28, 2013 11:56:50 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

Sausagefanclub wrote:

Demonic Spiders: Many, but most notably are the Jupiter Sparks, in all the games they appear in. Tons of hp, hard-hitting, and can instakill you, if you're not careful. Thankfully, it's only a 5% chance for an instakill, and they're rare.

Actually, I think that would be closer to "Boss In Mook Clothing". That's one of the things I forgot to re-type when I reconstructed the list that I lost.

Forgot about that trope. Thanks. :)

#12 October 28, 2013 2:38:22 PM

SplatKirby
Alicorn

otnayupidstay wrote:

Apparently my last post is somewhat invisible. I guess I really am starting to fade from existence. :(
Here's hoping this post doesn't meet the same fate...

Plot Armor: All of the forumers, CryptGhast, Exava, and Valstriros have eluded death.
King Mook: A lot of the minibosses from the first and second games.

Oh pssh, don't worry. :P
This reminds me that I need to hurry up with playing the game.

#13 November 2, 2013 6:18:00 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn

CountBleck479 wrote:

otnayupidstay wrote:

Back from the Dead: otnay has died so many times it's not even funny.

I put you there because I had nowhere else to put you. :P
Kidding. I think I could switch you with me, actually.

Apparently my last post is somewhat invisible. I guess I really am starting to fade from existence.

Ahem...

Adding...

#14 November 2, 2013 6:40:26 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

Oh, here's two more that I just remembered:

Infinity-1 Sword: The Admin Sword in game 1.
Infinity+1 Sword: The Galacta Lance in game 1.

#15 November 5, 2013 6:10:08 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse

Alternate Timeline: In Advent 2 DX, CryptGhast and Exava are defeated, creating an alternate timeline that leads up to the "The Trilogy" series.

All I can think of.

#16 November 5, 2013 10:50:03 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Website

Big Ham: The Burgerlar in games 1 and 3. He just loves to shout.

#17 December 2, 2013 12:03:31 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn

I'm putting this page on TVTropes soon. :D

#18 December 2, 2013 1:15:35 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

CountBleck479 wrote:

Might wanna make an account and put it in "Troper works" instead. Aside from here, the game barely exists, so we might wanna wait until giving it a main page.
[I think that's how it works, at least.]

Last edited by Nintendoandfriends (December 2, 2013 1:25:31 PM)

#19 December 3, 2013 12:46:28 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn

CountBleck479 wrote:

Might wanna make an account and put it in "Troper works" instead. Aside from here, the game barely exists, so we might wanna wait until giving it a main page.

What is "waiting"? Is it explosive?
Also, I find the statement "the game barely exists" offensive. Two games are finished, one's receiving changes, and one's halfway done. (More than that, actually. I finished all unclaimed stages in Advent 3.)

Last edited by CountBleck479 (December 3, 2013 12:49:06 PM)

#20 December 3, 2013 1:22:41 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler

CountBleck479 wrote:

CountBleck479 wrote:

Also, I find the statement "the game barely exists" offensive. Two games are finished, one's receiving changes, and one's halfway done. (More than that, actually. I finished all unclaimed stages in Advent 3.)

"Barely exists" outside of the SMLPS.
I am part of the game. Do you need to tell me how much has been completed?
And SFC is still working on 2, BTW.

#21 December 4, 2013 10:45:45 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn

CountBleck479 wrote:

"Barely exists" outside of the SMLPS.
I am part of the game. Do you need to tell me how much has been completed?
And SFC is still working on 2, BTW.

You don't seem to be able to tell how much is completed.
Why do you think I put "one's receiving changes"? Read the posts before replying.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V … OfTheSMLPS is the link. A guy named SeptimusHeap gave me some advice.

Last edited by CountBleck479 (December 4, 2013 10:49:54 PM)

Adverts

Board footer