The Sausage MLP Forums

The biggest, friendliest brony community on PunBB-Hosting!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Unfortunately, the forums are officially closed to new registrations. We have no idea if there are any plans to change this, as it's been inactive for well over a year anyhow.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 November 17, 2013 5:28:33 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn
Bits: 2
Bank: 15,276,587,235
Untitled Future of Equestria: The RPG

READ:
I really hate to say this, but I need to.
If this RPG gets ignored like Speed Buster's RPG and NIGHTMARE got ignored, I'm deleting Advent. That's a threat. Now, if you provide a DECENT EXPLANATION about why you don't want to join, that's fine. But seriously, guys? I post an RPG that features you guys as the bosses and you go all fanboy on it. But then, when a different RPG(or whatever otnay's game is classified as - fighting game, correct?) comes along, it breaks down! Not only is NIGHTMARE being built up from scratch instead of RPG Maker(Game Maker > RPG Maker), but it'll take much more time to finish! This is all the more reason to help otnay!
Okay, rage over.

Advent is getting a break in exchange for this!
I've shared a document with the majority of you guys. If I forgot to share it, tell me.

PLOT:
At the beginning of the RPG, Dark Silver is presented as the first boss. Easy boss. However, Yoku Pony appears right after that, and it becomes a forced loss battle.
Yoku Pony then turns the Mane 6 to stone.
It cuts to twenty-one years after, in Yoku Pony’s castle’s garden(that was a mouthful), with the Mane 6 turned to statues. (It’ll look like they were Discorded.) Twilight Sparkle is for some mysterious reason revived and left to escape the castle.

I need all the help I can get. (Spriting is NOT what I'm talking about. I'm fine on that matter. I'm talking about user skill suggestions(like, what would RD learn at level 6?), music, boss suggestions, etc.)

http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

November 17, 2013 5:28:33 PM

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 November 17, 2013 6:13:43 PM

SplatKirby
Alicorn
Bits: 4
Bank: 2,427,347,901,995

Re: Untitled Future of Equestria: The RPG

The only reason I'm not on NIGHTMARE is because I can't follow the sign-up sheet for the life of me. Sorry, otnay.

My browser history and I go way back. B)

#3 November 17, 2013 7:41:44 PM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Website

Perhaps I can suggest some of the skills that can be learned.

Fluttershy:
Soothe: Gives an enemy the "Calm" status effect, which makes them not want to attack for a while. However, it will also heal the enemy. Some enemies are resistant to this.
Rest: Heals a percentage of Fluttershy's HP, but makes her fall asleep. Yes, I know this is the same as a move from Pokemon but it seemed like a good idea.

Twilight Sparkle:
Teleport: Cannot be learned by leveling up. You have to find a hidden scroll containing the spell and read it in order to learn it, but this scroll is not accessible until late in the game. This spell can only be cast outside of battle, and allows the party to teleport to the four most important places they've visited so far. The list of places you can teleport to does not change as you discover later areas, for simplicity.
Infuriated Inferno: Twilight gets angry, and gets an ATK boost and Fire Force for 5 turns. (Based on the scene where her mane and tail turned to fire in Feeling Pinkie Keen)

Rainbow Dash:
20% Cooler: Lowers the temperature of the nearby area, dealing ice damage to all enemies with a chance of freezing them.
Hail Storm: Deals ice damage to three random enemies.
Hell Storm: Late-level skill; a more powerful version of Hail Storm. Deals fire damage to four random enemies with a chance of burning them.

Pinkie Pie:
Hidden Weapon: A powerful physical attack with a sword slash effect. Has a 1.5% chance of inflicting poison. Has a fairly high cost.
Gummy Attack: Pinkie Pie tosses Gummy at the enemy, dealing low damage with a high chance of paralysis.

Applejack (I'd imagine all her skills are physical, and cost TP):
Lasso: Applejack uses a rope to tie up an enemy.
Powerful Buck: Applejack kicks the enemy with all her might.

Rarity:
Here Comes Tom: Rarity throws Tom, the rock. Deals heavy Earth damage to one enemy.
A Beautiful Heart: Heals a party member. Has a chance of failure.

Derpy Hooves (Just me hoping she'll be a secret character):
Derp: Derpy derps around, which does nothing. Fortunately it costs nothing too.
Muffin Cannon: Derpy fires her Muffin Cannon at the enemy to deal damage.
What Went Wrong: Derpy deals a lightning attack to an enemy.
My Bad: Derpy drops a piano on an enemy.

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

#4 November 18, 2013 4:38:52 PM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647

(@CB: For the third time, it's an action RPG. It plays similarly to The Legend of Zelda, more specifically the top-down view ones.)

SplatKirby wrote:

The only reason I'm not on NIGHTMARE is because I can't follow the sign-up sheet for the life of me. Sorry, otnay.

I'm not impressed. All you need is an image, a name, a gender (which should probably be implied by the image), and really the only thing outside of making the OC is giving it a starting HP, a maximum HP, and an ability. Seriously.

As for this, the main reason I'm not going to be able to help you is because I have WAY too many responsibilities, what with The Journey needing made, NIGHTMARE is probably going to come back to some capacity due to this post, and I'm still waiting to make Advent 2 DX. Plus a bunch of real stuff I need to work on. I'm thinking I'll only make one game out of the four from The Journey already, because I am terrible at prioritizing.

18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

#5 November 18, 2013 11:56:16 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn

otnayupidstay wrote:

(@CB: For the third time, it's an action RPG. It plays similarly to The Legend of Zelda, more specifically the top-down view ones.)

SplatKirby wrote:

I'm not impressed. All you need is an image, a name, a gender (which should probably be implied by the image), and really the only thing outside of making the OC is giving it a starting HP, a maximum HP, and an ability. Seriously.

As for this, the main reason I'm not going to be able to help you is because I have WAY too many responsibilities, what with The Journey needing made, NIGHTMARE is probably going to come back to some capacity due to this post, and I'm still waiting to make Advent 2 DX. Plus a bunch of real stuff I need to work on. I'm thinking I'll only make one game out of the four from The Journey already, because I am terrible at prioritizing.

Didn't think you'd help due to the massive amount of RPGs you're doing. (No offense.)

http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

#6 November 19, 2013 2:12:26 AM

SplatKirby
Alicorn
Bits: 4
Bank: 2,427,347,901,995

otnayupidstay wrote:

Then I might as well try my hand. :pinkiepie:

My browser history and I go way back. B)

#7 November 22, 2013 5:28:34 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn

DOC

Adverts

Board footer