The Sausage MLP Forums

The biggest, friendliest brony community on PunBB-Hosting!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Unfortunately, the forums are officially closed to new registrations. We have no idea if there are any plans to change this, as it's been inactive for well over a year anyhow.

Adverts

Adverts

• Index
  •  » News Bulletin
  •  » Moderator Election #3 (Winners: Curtain Fire and LogicalFallacy)

#1 May 21, 2014 5:52:31 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Website

Moderator Election #3 (Winners: Curtain Fire and LogicalFallacy)

After over a year, both our Royal Guards have retired and now it is time to have a brand new election! The end of the school year is coming up, and after that I might be unable to spend time here again so I'll need someone to watch the forums for me while I'm gone.

As usual, anypony who wishes to make an entry should post a thoughtful speech saying why you think you deserve to be elected. Keep it positive, because the nature of your speech still can have an impact on your score.

Luna does not really care for his job anymore, so I will most likely be judging the entries by myself this time. If former Royal Guard Axel would like to judge with me, he will have to notify me and be available for judging when the time comes or else I'll do it alone regardless.

The election will be open for about a week. If we only have one entry (Curtain Fire will definitely be entering, so I'm specifically referring to him), they will win by default because it's unlikely that anyone in our very... reduced community will want to enter after a week has already passed.

Now, let the third election begin, and May the Best Pet User Win!

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

May 21, 2014 5:52:31 AM

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 May 21, 2014 6:26:21 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647

Re: Moderator Election #3 (Winners: Curtain Fire and LogicalFallacy)

Sausagefanclub wrote:

Now, let the third election begin, and May the Best Pet User Win!

Hey! He takes offense to tha- Oh wait it's a reference. Carry on.

... That... happened...

Anyway, I'm probably the longest standing member that's still active, save for you, and LF, is reason one.
Reason 2, all of the reasons I posted on the last election. Too lazy to re-post them.
Reason 3, and I don't mean to brag with saying this, but you said I'd be most likely to win this.
Reason 4, I OBSESSIVELY check the forums when it comes to mind.
Reason 5, I'd rather not turn to blackmail, so there's no Reason 5.

18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

#3 May 21, 2014 12:20:56 PM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267

Oh boy, I've always wanted to run for moderator here! I've done it in other places [most notably CB's forums, although it's happened before in other places.]
Aside from Rehydration, who has retired [and you], I am THE oldest member of this community. I am loyal and dependable when it comes to stuff like this. I am almost always checking on these forums for new posts, and [aside from arguing with Chris] am very friendly. Also Chris is not here, so I most likely will never spew another argument onto here.
I am not a crooked cop. I will not spew unfair judgement on others because it annoyed me. I will always be looking out for the forum, and keep others beliefs in mind so as not to offend them or Celestia help me.
That's about it.  This is the end of the speech and my post. I'm not good at ending speeches.
Edit: Just a little addendum. Apparently I passed all my SOLs, so I'll be even more active!

Last edited by LogicalFallacy (May 21, 2014 1:02:28 PM)

http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

#4 May 28, 2014 2:13:14 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse

Result have happen soon. Very much anticipation waiting. :lyra:

Last edited by Curtain Fire (May 28, 2014 2:16:43 AM)

#5 May 28, 2014 2:51:32 AM

LogicalFallacy
Not So Supreme Ruler
Bits: 101
Bank: 610,371,634,227,267

Curtain Fire wrote:

Result have happen soon. Very much anticipation waiting. :lyra:

Ah, same here.
SFC said a week, so indeed tomorrow will be the day of decision. I just hope I keep my school laptop until Thursday so I can see who wins tomorrow.
In fact, I'm SO excited I'll log out after this message so I can't tell who won until I read the post.

Last edited by LogicalFallacy (May 28, 2014 2:58:20 AM)

http://i57.tinypic.com/2hd1es6.png

#6 May 28, 2014 4:08:41 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Website

Alright, well it's been about a week, so without further ado, let's end this election! As I said before, I am judging the entries by myself this time around so there will be only one score per person. Like in the first election there are only two entries, so this won't take very long. As usual, highest-scoring user wins the election.

Candidate 1: Curtain Fire

To be honest, I feel like I can trust you more than anyone here. You're fair with everyone, and rarely get into arguments. You're willing to participate in many different types of discussions, and are generally very responsible. The speech is lacking, but I think you would make an effective addition to the team.
I give you a score of 9.25/10.

Candidate 2: LogicalFallacy

You are always positive and fun to be around. You keep a positive attitude, and try not to get in anypony's way. You have almost always been quite friendly with users both new and old, barring the occasional rivalry with one of our other veteran users. I liked your speech, and I believe you would do a good job as a Royal Guard.
I give you a score of 9.25/10.

And... it's a tie.

Well, I think I'll just elect both of you. Everypony wins! ;)

And so this rather quick election comes to a close.
Curtain Fire and LogicalFallacy, I will make you Royal Guards after you PM me saying which forums you wish to moderate. Remember, more forums isn't necessarily better, because that means more responsibility. Choose wisely! (You can change your mind at any time afterward, though)

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

#7 May 28, 2014 4:46:03 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse

IT IS GOOD DAY TO BE CREDIT TO VERY GOOD I AM VERY YES AHAHAHA... VZZZZZZZZRADADADADA VRRRRRR AHAHAHAHA! :evil:

VERY BA- GOOD! :oops:

YES. I LIKE THIS NEW WEAPON. :twiface:

In all reality, I was not expecting a tie. :rainbowderp2:

Let us have happy year of win and it is good. :lyra:

• Index
  •  » News Bulletin
  •  » Moderator Election #3 (Winners: Curtain Fire and LogicalFallacy)

Adverts

Board footer