The Sausage MLP Forums

The biggest, friendliest brony community on PunBB-Hosting!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Unfortunately, the forums are officially closed to new registrations. We have no idea if there are any plans to change this, as it's been inactive for well over a year anyhow.

Adverts

Adverts

• Index
  •  » The Studio
  •  » Blazing Deceptive Heart: General Topic (As if we need more.)

#1 March 20, 2015 1:28:59 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse
Bits: 7
Bank: 2,147,483,647

Blazing Deceptive Heart: General Topic (As if we need more.)

You know how I had several plans that I never got around to for making a danmaku game that revolves around ponies (though not really the Mane 6 (or even background characters))?

Well, finally, it's happening. I've actually got a working beta nearly ready of the first five bosses. (I'd say first six, but none of the dialogue's been written for that yet.)
THE STORY:
Mist&/Aeris, who was/were flying around for whatever reason (it's not really that important to the story) suddenly get(s) attacked by a rogue machine; The Super Bat. Afterwards, she/they vow(s) to investigate and bring whoever built it to justice.
(SPOILERS)Next, she/they scour(s) a library for potential information, disturbing the alchemist at work, Will. If you hadn't already guessed, this prompts a battle. She/they find(s) that Will didn't build the machine, and take(s) off to continue investigating, where she/they get(s) blocked off by an ancient warrior out of nowhere (Dawn), claiming that they hired the alchemist, and want revenge. Battle. Then Mist&/Aeris come(s) across a building, guarded by Eliza, and trie(s) to go through out of suspicion. Battle. Inside, she/they find(s) Cherry, who suspiciously tries to cast a spell without her/them knowing. After Mist&/Aeris' suspicion causes a fight, Cherry is defeated, and her horn is broken. She then reveals that the spell was to prevent the destruction of the universe, and points Mist&/Aeris to the one she/they must now defeat for having screwed up her plans. Violet attempts to intercept Mist&/Aeris, but is defeated somewhat swiftly, before once more, pointing Mist&/Aeris towards Agni. Agni plays coy in terms of revealing her true plan, but after being "defeated", uses more powerful danmaku in attempt to both destroy Mist&/Aeris and the universe in one fell swoop. After being defeated again, it is all revealed to have been a dream, leading into the Extra stage(s).(/SPOILERS)

A download will probably be available as soon as I remove the test commands and implement Cherry's fight fully.

Also, there is a sequel planned! Any questions can be asked either here or with a message, but keep in mind that the latter is likely going to be more effective.

SCREENSHOTS:
I'll add some later. The game's kind of difficult to begin with.

CREDITS:
Programming: Agni Blossom
Patterns: Agni Blossom, Eliza, Cherry Blossom, Violet Blossom, Aeris, Sausagefanclub, Will
Appearances:
  Aeris (Playable Character)
  Mist (Playable Character)
  Will (Stage 2 Boss, Extra Stage Midboss)
  Dawn (Stage 3 Boss)
  Eliza (Stage 4 Boss)
  Cherry Blossom (Stage 5 Boss)
  Violet Blossom (Stage 6 Boss)
  Agni Blossom (Final Boss, Extra Stage 2 Boss)
  Sausagefanclub (Extra Stage Boss, Extra Stage 2 Midboss)
Music:
  Various Sources
  Sausagefanclub (Final Boss Phase 2 Theme)
Sprites:
  Krunicus (Current Player Sprite)
  Sausagefanclub (Power Meter, Player Projectiles, Ex2 Special Projectiles, Note Projectiles)
  ZUN (Just about everything else (Though it is placeholder, for the most part))
Special Thanks:
  VenoviusWolf; He introduced me to the danmaku genre (albeit indirectly).
  MightyGarchomp; Helped out with getting me Game Maker 8 (sort of).
  Sophia; She would have been a boss, but she got cut from the game due to a lack of ideas.
  LogicalFallacy; Helped with playtesting, and some other things.
  ZUN; Hey, I AM borrowing sprites he made. (For the beta, anyway.)
  Sun Jian; Okay, this name doesn't seem to be here for any reason whatsoever. You; For putting up with all of these freakin' credits.
  Dawn; It was fun, but I guess nothing lasts forever.
  Sunny Milk; Her legacy (which wasn't much) inspired Super Bat.
  Cherry Blossom; I had to get the idea for this from SOMEWHERE.
  Agni Blossom; ... Why am I on here? :rainbowderp2:
  Whoever the manufacturers of the Super Bat toy were; Super Bat got its name from that toy. Also the names of its attacks. It was a ridiculous bootleg.
What, you expected me to put "and you"? Maybe if you look at the mistakes, you'll find that reward next time.

The game has no definite release date, but if you keep your eye on this topic, you might see something that points to one.

18:43 - "You have thirty minutes to move your car."
18:58 - "You have fifteen minutes to move your car."
19:15 - "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
19:20 - "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2it3hu0.png

March 20, 2015 1:28:59 AM

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 March 20, 2015 11:00:36 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn
Bits: 2
Bank: 15,276,587,235
Re: Blazing Deceptive Heart: General Topic (As if we need more.)

About time you put your game development potential to use. XP
Seriously, though, I look forward to seeing this... assuming I ever get my computer back.

Last edited by MightyGarchomp (March 20, 2015 11:01:27 PM)

http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

#3 March 21, 2015 2:47:02 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse

MightyGarchomp wrote:

Seriously, though, I look forward to seeing this... assuming I ever get my computer back.

Actually, this project's been going on for a while now. Aside from sprites, bugfixes, dialogue, and the Extra stages (including SFC's fight, but not mine), it's pretty much done.

I even recall mentioning it to you on IRC.

#4 March 22, 2015 4:46:35 AM

Phoenix Flare
Fire Horse

Sorry about this, but the beta's not being released just yet.

I never did get around to removing the admin commands, plus, through trying to improve the efficiency of the shot-types in terms of... well... everything (the game runs much better now), I've managed to break Aeris' homing shots for some bosses, and there seems to be another sound-related bug that just cropped up out of what seems like nowhere.

I'll have to postpone the release of the beta, but rest assured that the game won't be cancelled. I've put far too much effort into it thus far, and I don't plan to just drop it.

#5 March 22, 2015 6:02:31 PM

SplatKirby
Alicorn
Bits: 4
Bank: 2,427,347,901,995

I'm really glad this is suddenly a thing. BTW, what did you write this in?

My browser history and I go way back. B)

#6 March 22, 2015 11:27:07 PM

MightyGarchomp
Alicorn
Bits: 2
Bank: 15,276,587,235

Agni Blossom wrote:

MightyGarchomp wrote:

Actually, this project's been going on for a while now. Aside from sprites, bugfixes, dialogue, and the Extra stages (including SFC's fight, but not mine), it's pretty much done.

I even recall mentioning it to you on IRC.

Yeah, I know. XP Otherwise I would have posted "I hope you finish this".

SplatKirby wrote:

I'm really glad this is suddenly a thing. BTW, what did you write this in?

Game Maker 8, I'm pretty sure. Oh, that leads me into something I need to ask you, Agni. Later.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/07580601b35260b0f226c8aa642f7e70/tumblr_n2q80byAO71tv5bxro2_500.gif

• Index
  •  » The Studio
  •  » Blazing Deceptive Heart: General Topic (As if we need more.)

Adverts

Board footer