The Sausage MLP Forums

The biggest, friendliest brony community on PunBB-Hosting!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Unfortunately, the forums are officially closed to new registrations. We have no idea if there are any plans to change this, as it's been inactive for well over a year anyhow.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 December 25, 2012 9:44:09 AM

TheDarkUnknown
Changeling

Conflicted, need help.

I know this isn't directly related to much going on here, but I need help with an issue. Technically I'm a brony, but I'm not one either. I was a brony about 5 months back, but now, since certain events I won't underline have occured, I don't know what to do. I'm beginning to lose it. Should I be a brony at the risk of things geting worse, or just drop it and hope for things to go back to normal? At the very least, post something rational. I might reveal another identity I go by elsewhere if I get enough help. Also, I put a fake e-mail because I don't want to give my real one out. At least not yet.

December 25, 2012 9:44:09 AM

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 December 25, 2012 4:34:30 PM

Axel
Retired Royal Guard
Bits: 66,571,993,454
Bank: 333,260,465,059
Website

Re: Conflicted, need help.

Relax! First off, you don't have to give out your real e-mail (and not many of us actually do).
So, what's so bad about being a brony?

"A regular Friday audience, 90 percent feminine and 100 percent well-bred, sat stoically yesterday through thirty minutes of the most cacophonous world premiere ever heard here - the first performance anywhere of a new Violin Concerto by Arnold Schoenberg. Yesterday's piece combines the best sound effects of a hen yard at feeding time, a brisk morning in Chinatown and practice hour at a busy music conservatory. The effect on the vast majority of hearers is that of a lecture on the fourth dimension delivered in Chinese." -An anonymous Philadelphia Record reviewer, on Schoenberg's Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

"I am delighted to add another unplayable work to the repertoire." -Arnold Schoenberg, on his Op. 36 Violin Concerto.

#3 December 26, 2012 3:54:30 AM

TheDarkUnknown
Changeling

My opinion: Nothing's wrong.
Friends opinions: Retarded.
(Ex-)Girfriend's opinion: You don't want to know.
Other opinions: Negated positivity, amplified negativity.

#4 December 26, 2012 7:59:35 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Website

TheDarkUnknown wrote:

My opinion: Nothing's wrong.
Friends opinions: Retarded.
(Ex-)Girfriend's opinion: You don't want to know.
Other opinions: Negated positivity, amplified negativity.

It's easy; when you're in a kind of community that doesn't accept bronies (which I think is a pretty unfriendly kind of community, to be honest), just become a closet brony. While it's not as fun, it will help you keep your reputation with your friends intact while you still get to be a part of the brony community.
Turn your pony partying into a little part-time hobby, and hopefully everything will be all right. If someone that doesn't like ponies is nearby, avoid doing anything pony-related.

I hope this helps. :)

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

#5 December 27, 2012 12:55:31 AM

TheDarkUnknown
Changeling

That might work.

I won't reveal my other identity yet, because I'm waiting for the smoke to clear there. There was a flame war about a week ago there on bronies and I don't want it to start up again. And honestly, I was trying to stay fireproof on that thread by simply joining the more offending side. REALLY stupid decision. It would probably make me look like a hypocrite. (I think I spelled that right)

#6 December 27, 2012 1:01:22 AM

TheDarkUnknown
Changeling

One last thing:
Is it possible to change your username once you're signed up, or do you need to ask an admin for that?

#7 December 27, 2012 1:14:22 AM

Sausagefanclub
Retired Supreme Ruler
Bits: 11,000,025
Bank: 6,726,507,490,197
Website

TheDarkUnknown wrote:

That might work.

I won't reveal my other identity yet, because I'm waiting for the smoke to clear there. There was a flame war about a week ago there on bronies and I don't want it to start up again. And honestly, I was trying to stay fireproof on that thread by simply joining the more offending side. REALLY stupid decision. It would probably make me look like a hypocrite. (I think I spelled that right)

Feel free to wait as long as you want before revealing your true identity if you're unsure. :)

Users can't change their usernames without asking me to do it for them, but I always try to come back here at least once every 3 days. I like to make the users feel welcome, and I try to fulfill their requests whenever possible (Unless I have a good reason not to).

"Now wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and smile before we take off." - Paula Polestar, from EarthBound

#8 December 27, 2012 7:33:28 AM

TheDarkUnknown
Changeling

I'm signing up now... under the username "Deep Thought"/"DeepThought". Whichever works.

#9 December 27, 2012 7:41:19 AM

TheDarkUnknown
Changeling

TheDarkUnknown wrote:

I'm signing up now... under the username "Deep Thought"/"DeepThought". Whichever works.

Scratch that, it asks me for an e-mail:facehoof:

#10 December 27, 2012 7:43:52 AM

TheDarkUnknown
Changeling

TheDarkUnknown wrote:

TheDarkUnknown wrote:

Scratch that, it asks me for an e-mail:facehoof:

Scratch THAT, I can use my alternate e-mail.

Adverts

Board footer